Friday Favorites Aug 19, 2022: A Good Beauty Item, A Skinny Cocktail, Two Summer Shows and a Childhood Idol

 



Hey Besties! Happy Friday. It is truly like fake fall around here this week and I am here for it. I literally almost grabbed the pumpkin spice coffee at Wawa this week but decided to give it a few more weeks. Even though we are getting a taste of early fall, I have a cocktail to get you through the last few weeks of summer, plus a Good beauty product for you, two summer shows and then a Goodbye to a childhood idol. I am back for Friday Favorites and to link-up with Erika and Andrea. Are you ready? Let's go.


1. Flamingo Razors

Over the last few years I have been struggling to find a razor I really liked. The brand I was using for the last few years I was not loving, but kept using it because it was easily delivered to the house. Running Daddy is a big fan of Harry's razors and has been more many years. Well, Harry's has a women's line called Flamingo and it is a really Good razor. It gives a really close shave without irritation or cuts. You can purchase at stores or via subscription. This might be my razor for life.


2. Skinny Colada



One of my favorite bars of all time is the beach bar at the Sea Pines Resort in Hilton Head. They make a skinny colada and it is so Good. While the Beach Club makes theirs with coconut rum, pineapple juice and soda water, on Monday, I shared my dupe using two ingredients. It's so easy, so Good and all you need is a quick trip to the ABC store and Trader Joe's.

This skinny colada has all the flavor and none of the guilt. I am looking forward to enjoying a few of these tonight at the pool.

3. The Summer I Turned Pretty



A few weeks ago I finally remembered to check out The Summer I Turned Pretty on Prime. I really got into this series quickly and ended up loving it. I would say that the content is more for high school kids and not younger so just a heads up on that.

The storylines are really Good and you cannot beat the scenery. It is supposed to be set in New England but it is filmed in the Wilmington, NC area. Check it out as you drink a skinny colada and wind down the summer.

4. Chesapeake Shores



It's the sixth and final season of Chesapeake Shores and I am not ready to say Goodbye to the O'Brien family. I love this show and I am not sure why it is ending, but I am going to savor every episode. I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I am more of a Chessie than a Heartie. True Hallmarkies will know what I am talking about.

This is definitely a show for all ages, so if you want a summer show to wind down with over the next few weeks, this is a really Good option. 

5. RIP Olivia Newton-John




I been a fan of Olivia Newton-John since I was eight years old. I mean, aren't we all Olivia fans? Have you ever met someone who didn't like her? Piece of advice, if you ever meet someone who says that they don't like Olivia Newton-John be very skeptical about their judgment and who they are as a person. 

We were sitting on the beach last week when we heard she passed away from cancer. That lovely woman fought cancer for decades and her body finally needed to be at peace.

When I was a senior in high school I got to play the role of Sandy, and considering how much I loved Olivia Newton-John, it was truly a dream come true. Besties, there was a lot said about me when I landed this role and much of it was not nice. I was so excited to be Sandy that I tried to not let it bug me. Those 6-8 weeks I was Sandy, were probably the only time I felt confident in high school. 

Olivia Newton-John had to make the Friday Favorites this week as she was just the Best.

Have a Good weekend Besties, I am about to go listen to Olivia Newton-John on Spotify! 






6 comments

  1. LOVED "The Summer I Turned Pretty"- flew through it. Oh LOVE that you were Sandy - so fun- ONJ will def be missed XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy I actually watched a show while it was hot! And being Sandy was a dream come true. Have a Good weekend friend

      Delete
  2. I liked the Summer I turned Pretty so much that I have since read all 3 books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did the show stay true to the books? Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I also loved The Summer I Turned Pretty show and I thank you for the reminder of Chesapeake Shores. I used to watch that series, but I completely forgot about it. I'll have to see if I can catch up on missed seasons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is last season and you only missed the first episode, so if you don't find the past seasons you at least won't be far behind for the last season. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.