Hello Monday--Skinny Colada Recipe

 



Happy Monday Besties! I am back from our dreamy vacation in Sea Pines on Hilton Head Island and I am doing a quick stop-in for Hello Monday with Holly and Sarah. Today, I am sharing a cocktail I love on vacation that I believe I have perfected at home thanks to Trader Joe's. Let's get cocktailing!

We love the beach bar at the Sea Pines Resort on Hilton Head. It is so fun to come off the beach around 3:30 p.m. and have a little cocktail (or Sprite!) before we bike back to our rental house. For the last couple of years I have ordered their Skinny Colada and made a little tweak. Their original Skinny Colada used to have a coconut vodka in it, but since I never really know if a vodka is gluten free (some are not), I always used to ask for one with Malibu rum.

Interestingly enough, this year the beach bar changed the recipe to a coconut rum as well. I have a pretty Good tasting pallet and can usually figure out what is in something. I am excited to share with you my duplicate of the skinny colada, and it is only three ingredients and one you can get at Trader Joe's.

Ingredients:
1 oz of Malibu rum
Crushed ice 
Trader Joe's Sparkling Pineapple Juice



Fill a glass with crushed ice. If crushed ice is not available, regular ice cubes work too. Add 1 oz of Malibu rum and then fill the glass to the top with the sparkling pineapple juice and mix.

The result is all of the flavor of a pina colada without the heaviness and the calories. This is the perfect cocktail to sail into the final weeks of summer. Try this, I bet you will love it.







1 comment

  1. Oh my! I definitely need to try this- thank you for sharing friend XO

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.