What's Up Wednesday: May 2023

 


Wow May, you have been jam-packed and while May is always a long month the ending really came quickly. Since it is the last Wednesday of May, I am linking up with Shay and Shaeffer for their monthly link-up What's Up Wednesday. Settle in for all things May in my post today.


What We're Eating This Week


Monday-Grilled salmon for Running Daddy and me, grilled shrimp for Hockey Guy, salad and roasted potatoes.


Tuesday-Meatball subs (no roll for me) and Caprese salad.


Wednesday-Roasted pork tenderloin, roasted veggies and potato smashers. 


Thursday-I have an event for school so the boys are on their own.


Friday-We have wine pickup for our wine club so we will just grab something really quickly.


What I'm Reminiscing About


I have been thinking a lot about lockdown for the pandemic lately. I think it is all of the graduation festivities for our senior friends have me thinking about how things are finally, hopefully back to "normal." Those days were so hard and the seniors that year and event the next year just didn't have the typical graduation experience.   


What I'm Loving


Have any of you tried Revolution Beauty Balm? I am typically really scared of balms, bronzers, highlighters etc. This balm is really Good. I mean so Good. I bought the sunkissed nude to use as a bronzer and then the peach bliss to use as a highlighter over my blush.





The Best part is the price. These balms are under $15 and I have seen them as low as under $8. 


Don't freak when you open the tins, they go on much lighter than they look in the tin. Take a little bit out and then warm in your hand and then apply with a brush. I use a little of the sunkissed nude on the weekends with sunscreen to help warm things up when I am out running errands. The peach bliss will give you a really warm, airbrushed look without looking like a frosted donut like a lot of highlighters.







Peach Bliss









On a food note, I am really liking and maybe loving the GoodPop Dairy Free Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches. One of the foods I really miss being gluten-free is an ice cream sandwich. I also think I may be having trouble with dairy lately, we shall see, so I tried these and they are Good. They are only 110 calories too.




What We've Been Up To

May has been a busy month. I had a big two-day work event that thankfully went very well. 

My girlfriends treated me to a night out for my birthday as part of the April/May birthday celebrations. It was just what I needed that week.

I also went to an early morning watch party for the coronation. It was a hardcore group of anglophiles and we had such a lovely morning. I even bought commemorative tees for my friend and I to wear. I also really need to wear my tiara more often.




We celebrated Running Daddy's birthday and Mother's Day on the same day. It was a great reason to relax and get takeout. Then we went to the Boatyard in Annapolis to really celebrate his birthday
last weekend.

This same weekend was also prom. Despite the rain, they all looked amazing. We all had to be creative with taking photos due to the rain, which is why my photo with Hockey Guy is at a bit of a weird angle. We opted for Better lighting than angles. Hockey Guy and his date looked amazing.









We finished out spring hockey and Hockey Guy will have a little bit of a break before his next round of hockey starts up again.

Last week I also had jury duty. It was a lot of waiting around only to be sent home.

This past weekend I helped decorate for the All Night Grad Party and we hit a few graduation parties. There are several kids that are close to us graduating this year and it just makes my heart happy to see them all do so well/ Everyone will find their place in the world and some of these kids we have known almost their whole lives.

What I'm Dreading

I am not really dreading anything at the moment. Running Daddy and I are attacking the weeds and landscaping which is usually what I dread this time of year and it is totally paying off.

What I'm Working On


Since Hockey Guy is driving himself to school these days, I have some time back in the morning. I have been working really hard to walk at least 5 days per week early in the morning. I try to walk 30 minutes. I often listen to a Bravo-related podcast, so much material right now, but I also try to listen to my Jesus music in the morning while I walk too to get myself in the right headspace. 

A Good 30-minute walk in the morning has really been helpful for me. I am hoping to keep it going for a while.


What I'm Excited About


I am excited about summer being here. I am looking forward to hanging out with friends and a few trips we have planned.


What I'm Watching/Reading


I am getting caught up on Ride on Hallmark. I am really enjoying it and the scenery is so beautiful.




XO Kitty


I am usually so late to the party on the how shows, but I feel like I am on the cutting edge of XO Kitty on Netflix. It is a Good show to tie you over until Sweet Magnolias and The Summer I Turned Pretty come back. I am about three episodes in and hooked.




I am also watching all the Bravo. I had not watched Vanderpump Rules in years and probably could not have picked out Ariana and Raquel out of a lineup six months ago but I am totally here for it.


Speaking of here for it. New Jersey Housewives is so Good this season. The reactions to Teresa's wedding hair was totally priceless. 




I don't know whose side I am on in this fight, but I do know that I think that Luis is trouble. Teresa has a type and it is not a Good type. 




What I'm Listening To


I am embarrassed to say, if there is a podcast out there about "Scandoval" or anything else related to Bravo at the moment, I am listening to it. In the car, while I garden, on my walks, I am listening to all the Bravo podcasts.




What I'm Wearing


I have been wearing a lot of outfits on repeat lately. I haven't done a lot of shopping this month because I have had some other expenses this month that needed tending to.


I did just buy these shoes because my black sandals needed replacing. 




Everything else I am wearing at the moment is not that exciting.


What I'm Doing This Weekend


Running Daddy and I are going to pick up our wines for wine club and attend the wine club special event. We so love going there.




I may also go see The Little Mermaid with a friend of mine. Sometimes we all just need a little Ariel in our lives.


What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month


In June Running Daddy and I will celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. It's hard to remember the time when we were not together and yet it feels like yesterday.


We also have two trips booked to look at four colleges, one of which happens to be in my favorite city. This is a fun journey and time in Hockey Guy's life. 


What Else is New


I think I have covered everything here.


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you had a Good May and have some fun things planned for June. 

3 comments

  1. Hope you had a wonderful birthday friend!! Your wine event sounds fun- enjoy. Can't wait to see that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great birthday! I was thinking back to all the grad things during covid. It was sad that so many graduates missed out on the ceremonies or celebrations that they wanted, but there were also some very creative ideas people came up with. My daughter graduated from community college two years ago and it was a drive-thru ceremony. Weird but okay. LOL Her graduation from the four-year school a few weeks ago was very different! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off to check out XO, Kitty; I really enjoyed the previous To All The Boys I've Loved series a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.