Monthly Musings March 2023: Essential Spring Fashion Pieces

 



Aaaah spring! I don't know about where you live Besties, but spring may be settling in right here. The cherry blossoms are out and so are all of the tourists. I have plenty of time to look at them while I sit in horrible traffic. Sigh.

Since we are embracing spring, Holly and I wanted to talk about Essential Spring Fashion Pieces as our topic for our monthly linkup party Monthly Musings today. We are blessed to have a group of talented writers join us every month for this linky party. When you are finished reading this post, make sure you stop by some of the other sites too.

Ok, let's get to the fun fashion questions. Note, I will be shopping in my closet a lot lately.

1. How do you transition your wardrobe?

In March I start to slowly transition my wardrobe. March can start out downright freezing here and then it can get beautiful and warm by the end of the month. Plus I still need warm layers and Uggs for hockey and outdoor lacrosse at the beginning of the month.
 
Mid-month, I also start to get a little tired of dark colors, so when I can I start to put away the greys and the heavier fabrics (keeping a few in reserve if needed) and start pulling out my pops of colors that I can pair with a jacket or other layer.


2. Favorite spring fashion item

For spring and summer, or really any time of the year, I love Lilly Pulitzer. Even if it is just a touch of Lilly like a scarf I really just love the pop of color and whimsy.

For work, I like to also add a pop of color with a great colored pant like the Loft Riviera slim pants. I have these in a ton of colors but really like these blue ones a lot. They look great with black or navy. 


Loft pants just always fit me. They always have and probably always will. I am pretty much a go-to in a size 6 Loft.

3. Favorite spring footwear?

For me, it always comes back to Rothy's. You get very spoiled when you wear Rothy's because they are so darn cute and so darn comfortable. I bought another brand of wedges last month and they are going in my Thred Up bag after three wears because they are so uncomfortable.

I was on the Rothy's page today and they have a new mule. I kind of like them but also wonder if they will make my feet look really big. Let me know what you think of these shoes in the comments below. I am thinking about the black.




If you have never tried Rothy's before and want to order a pair you can save $20 on your first pair with this code

4. Favorite colors you wear in spring?

When March rolls around,  I am all about the color. As I mentioned above, I love a pop of color.  

Pink is my favorite color and my wedding colors were even pink and green. I love Kelly green and the last two springs I have really liked lilac. I have a pair of the Loft pants  in lilac from last year and I love wearing them with navy and black. I actually have them on today. Try the navy/lilac combo this spring, I think you will really like it Besties

5. Favorite spring accessory?

I love a bag. I especially like bags in a color. I think they add a little fun to any outfit.

6. Ways to add spring to your outfit even when the weather doesn't cooperate.

Color, color, color. A fun colored shoe, great trench coat, a bright scarf of your black suit. Just a little surprise to your outfit, even if it just your surprise.

7. Do you change up your makeup routine in the spring?

Yes, I am a total lipstick/lipgloss gal so I start putting away my plum and cranberry-colored lips and then start reaching for the pinks.

Earlier this year I discovered Lawless cosmetics and I love their Forget the Filler glosses. They have really Good pinks and they are a clean makeup brand too. Shown below.




 8. Puff sleeve trend...yes or no?

I am a big yes on this one but not in an 80's Dynasty flashback kind of way.


I was all over this trend the minute it came back.

I like something a little more like this top from Nordstrom.





9. Do you change up your mani/pedi colors in spring?

Yes, I go from grey and navy to lighter pinks and mauves.

10. Recommend your favorite spring handbag/tote.

You might be able to find this bag on Poshmark but I got this Stella & Dot Bow Bag about three years ago and love it. It's cute, it's functional and the colors really make it go with anything.




I hope this post has you ready to dress for spring. Be sure to stop by the other writers who link up with us and get all of their Good spring fashion tips too. I am planning on being here tomorrow for Friday Favorites if my night goes as planned. Crossing fingers!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments

  1. Thanks for the link up! Pops of color are so nice this time of year no matter what the temperature is. I have some pants from Banana Republic that look very similar in style to the Loft ones you referenced. They are so easy to dress up or down. I like the puff sleeves too but a little goes a long way, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stella and dot bag is So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok now that is a puff sleeve top I can get behind- looks so adorable and pretty flattering! Thanks for being my partner in crime :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah -- I can't believe I missed commenting on all the Monthly Musings posts last month -- catching up quickly before tomorrow :) I'm going to have to check out if those pants are available in Canada because I really like them!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.