Chicken, basil, tomato mozzarella in lettuce leaves



I came up with this recipe while driving home from work on the way to pick up the sweet boy from camp.  Honestly some of my Best recipes I think up on my daily commute.  And this is a dream come true for leftovers!  This could be a light dinner like I had it, lunch or even special occasion food.

Last night Running Daddy sent me a text that it was Chick Fil-A night at the pool and he was going to take the sweet boy over to watch the swim meet.  So with the boys out of the house for dinner...this gluten free girl cannot eat Chick Fil-A...I needed to come up with dinner.  Since we had a lot of great leftovers from a fun weekend...grilled chicken, fresh mozzarella and basil, I had some amazing ingredients.

Good recipe
Leftover grilled chicken
Fresh basil-about 4-5 leaves
1 Tbs light mayonnaise
1 medium tomato
Boston lettuce leaves, washed and dried
Fresh mozzarella

Chop chicken into bite size pieces.  Thinly slice the mozzarella.  Chop and deseed the tomato.  Combine these ingredients into the lettuce leaves.

Chop the basil and combine with 1 Tbs light mayonnaise and then place on top of the chicken lettuce leaves.

To make Better add one element of organic chicken, organic or garden grown basil, organic, farmers market or garden grown tomatoes, or organic lettuce.  To make Best add multiple elements of organic chicken, organic or garden grown basil, organic, farmers market or garden grown tomatoes, and organic lettuce.

Enjoy the Best Food!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.