What's Up Wednesday-March 2022

 


Hey there Besties. Is it me or did March feel like it had 1,000 days in the month? It wasn't bad, it just always feels like March is so long. We are finally at the last Wednesday of March so I am linking up with Shay and Sheaffer to chat about all things March. Are you ready? Let's do this!

What We're Eating This Week

We have a lot of lacrosse this week so I did a big Costco run on Sunday and now the house is filled with healthy and easy food. We have Amylu chicken burgers, pesto, mini cucumbers, watermelon, fresh mozzarella, grilled chicken strips and chicken salad cups on hand.

Tuesday night a local barbeque restaurant is helping with a fund raiser for the lacrosse team so we will be ordering their food on the way home from the games. I can't wait to have some good barbeque.

What I'm Reminiscing About 

Honestly, my dad passed away a year ago today, so obviously I am thinking about him a lot. My grief has been an interesting journey but I truly just focus on the things about him that make me happy. I focus on the funny things he would say, the things he liked, and even Running Daddy channeled how my dad would have handled the digging out of a dead rosebush in our yard this past weekend. 

My dad lived a full, rich and happy life until he was almost 89 years old, I just cannot be sad about that. Frankly, he would not want me to be sad either.

We are having the early morning Mass said at our school chapel for him tomorrow morning. Quiet, personal, and starting our day with the Lord. I just know he would love this. 

What I am Loving

Besties, I am loving the Cool Nights pajamas from Soma. Have you tried these? I can't believe how delicious the fabric is. I bought the pair below and then have purchased five more pair in the last few weeks. 



I grabbed another long sleeve set, and then two short sleeve sets and then two tank with shorts sets. I know this may seem a little ridiculous, but I actually don't sleep well and I do think these pajamas are helping me sleep Better. They were all on sale too. If you want to try these or anything else at Soma, you can save $15 off
your purchase with my discount link:

Holy smokes, have you tried these? These are so Good and are available at Costco. Drop these in your cart on your next Costco run. I promise you won't regret it.




What We've Been Up To

I had a big work event earlier in the month so the first week or so I was totally focused on that.

We have also been transitioning from hockey season to lacrosse in our house. We have had some lacrosse games where it was so darn cold. I mean weather where it snowed and hailed last weekend and super low temperatures the last two nights. The upside to hockey is that yes it is cold, but it is always dry and there is no wind.

Hockey Guy was also chosen to play in the Future All-Stars for hockey. It was a really cool honor and such a fun way to close out his high school season.

What I am Dreading

I need to do some spring cleaning and decluttering over the next few weeks. I know some people love to do this, I am just not one of those people. 


I did do some filing and decluttering in our bedroom this weekend and it definitely feels Better in there. 

I also need to get out in the yard and start cleaning up out there. I do kind of dread that task but I also love when our yard looks Good.

What I'm Working On

I have something that I am working on that I cannot really discuss yet, but hopefully soon. Working hard, praying and hoping on this one.

I am also working hard getting all my medical checkups completed. This month I have been to the dentist, eye doctor and my annual exam. Script for my mammogram is in my possession and I need to schedule that for next month. Let this serve as a gentle reminder to all of you Besties that if you are behind on any of your appointments, get them scheduled this week. They are important and you are important.

What I'm Excited About

I am super excited about the return of Easter at our house this year and frankly Easter in general. Easter is a very important holiday in our house and the return of Easter at our house will really help things feel more normal again.

What I am Watching/Reading

For reading, I am mostly reading business articles focused on leadership. I don't have a ton of time for pleasure reading lately but I am hoping to have some downtime for reading in April.

We are watching all the March Madness in our house. The games have been really fun even if they are totally busting my bracket.

We also almost always have college lacrosse on in our house on the weekends. It truly is such a beautiful game when played at this level.

I finished season two of Sweet Magnolias this month. Oh how I have loved this show. I cannot wait until season three!


Good heavens, I also dipped a toe back into that Bachelor madness. Bachelor Clayton might be the most manipulative Bachelor I have ever seen. I only came back in for the Fantasy Suites and finale but holy smokes, that was a dumpster fire. You seriously do not need to watch the whole series, you just need these three episodes.


I also finished up Real Housewives of Salt Lake and I am deep into Real Housewives of New Jersey

What I'm Listening To

I have two songs I am loving these days:


Hockey Guy and I love Kane Brown and this song is so fun.


I also really like Sam Hunt's voice and while this song was released late last year, it is on the radio a lot and I am here for it.

I absolutely adore every single thing about Kristin Chenoweth and her interview on That Sounds Fun with Annie F. Downs is everything I love about her. She is funny, she is warm, she is talented and she never apologizes for loving Jesus. Be sure to check it these two amazing women especially if you need a lift.

What I'm Wearing

When I am not wearing my Soma pajamas I am trying to transition my looks into spring. The weather has not always been cooperating.

When the weather is not cooperating I can always add a Good pair of earrings to brighten up the look. 


The Samantha earrings add color and texture to any outfit. They are a little bolder than I typically wear but I love them.


On the weekends I am still loving my Adapted States joggers by LuLuLemon. These days I am just pairing with a long sleeved tee. 



What I'm Doing This Weekend

I am still trying to figure out this weekend.

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month

So many fun things are coming up in April. Birthdays, Easter, an out of town lacrosse tournament and fun times with friends.

What Else is New

I think I have covered everything. Holly and I do hope that you will join us tomorrow for our monthly link-up Monthly Musings. This month we are answering our fun questions on Easter, spring and other holidays. The graphic is below. Join us as a blogger, reader or both.



Thanks for stopping by. I will see you here tomorrow!

 

7 comments

  1. Thinking of you friend but know you have the right attitude and mindset about your Dad- you should celebrate his long and full life! So so happy about the return of a normal Easter too and those pj's do look delicious! "See" you tomorrow for our awesome linkup! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet thoughts friend. You absolutely need to try these pajamas. They are the Best!

      Delete
  2. I hope it is a sweet time of reflection on your dad and Easter gives us such hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kindness. Easter is just my favorite.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes; I love those cool nights pajamas too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, I had no idea how amazing these pajamas were. I have been missing out.

      Delete
  4. Thinking of you as you remember your dad. That's a hard loss.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.