What's Up Wednesday--February 2022

 


Whew. February was a lot. There has been so much Good this month but there has also been a little too much on my plate. I am working on all of that Besties. February is a short month so What's Up Wednesday came up really fast this month. That means today is the day to link up with Shay and Sheaffer to chat about all things February. Are you ready? Let's do this!


1. What We're Eating This Week

We will be transitioning into lacrosse which means that we will actually have semi-normal dinners at home again most nights. This makes me very happy. We will also still have a little bit of hockey this week so I am still navigating what dinner is going to look like lately.

I can tell you that I have these easy ingredients in the house:

Tortellini and gluten free ravioli
Ground turkey for taco meatballs
Chicken breast tenders for air fryer chicken tenders

I also have lots of salad makings and vegetables for roasting.

Because of the hockey tournament we had this weekend, my meal plan is still in the outline stage as opposed to a real meal plan. Some weeks, this has to be Good enough.

What I've Been Reminiscing About

The one big thing I have been reminiscing about is a little blonde-haired boy with a buzz cut wearing a Catholic school uniform and a navy peacoat. This little boy, who may have been in kindergarten but definitely in first grade, used to bring a jelly sandwich in a plastic baggy and go watch the hockey games for the local Catholic high school.

This week, this same kid was part of the championship hockey team at this same high school and they had a perfect season. They won this championship outright and they won big.







There was a big old dogpile at the end, a trophy, medals and a whole lot of hockey equipment that got mixed up from the on ice celebration. 




There is nothing else to reminisce about this month, and it is all pure Joy

What I'm Loving

Over the past few weeks, I have been having coffee walks with friends on Saturdays and I am really loving it. The first week I put my earbuds in, got the dog ready and then called my friend who lives in Delaware and just chatted for two miles. The last two weekends I have walked Old Town Alexandria with coffee from my favorite place. There is nothing like fresh air, friends and Good coffee to really get your mind in the right place. If you are in a little bit of a winter funk, give this a try.

What We've Been Up To

We have been winding down the hockey season and there have been so many games. It has been really fun and I am so loving these two teams. It's the Best part of my week. 

What I'm Dreading

I have some clutter and boxes to clean out over the next few weeks. I dread this task but know I will feel Better once it is done. Thinking about maybe one box a weekend.  Doable...right?

What I'm Working On

I have a few house projects that I am working on over the next few weeks. The above mentioned clutter clean out and the boxes I need to clear out. There are a few more projects I just need to get moving on around the house now that our weekends will be more free.

What I'm Excited About

We have had a few days of "fake spring" around here lately and I am loving it. We are supposed to have another day of it or so and then it is supposed to get cold again. I am pretty excited about "fake spring" and looking forward to real spring being right around the corner.

What I'm Watching/Reading

I am still reading A Simplified Life by Emily Ley, but unfortunately there has not been time for reading. I am going to start to work on that. I think a little more reading time will bring me simple Joy

If you have been around this site for the last year you know that I am a big fan of the Sweet Magnolias series on Netflix. I am savoirng each episode and I think I only have one episode to go. I am also thinking about starting the books. Have any of you read the books? Are you deep into Sweet Magnolias too?




I am also watching the Real Housewives of New Jersey. Wow is this Good this season. They have finally landed on the right cast and I am here for it and that video.  Ooof!

I watched the beginning of The Bachelor, and frankly, I remain bored. I gave up a few weeks ago. Can anyone convince me otherwise?

What I'm Listening To

I am working hard with my morning quiet time and listening to The First Fifteen podcast in the morning along with some instrumental Christian music. This is a Good way to start the day.  

I also started the Wild Things podcast about Las Vegas entertainers Siegfried & Roy. It's pretty interesting and a Good diversion from my regular podcasts. It's very bingeable on a trip or while you are out running errands. 

What I'm Wearing

On the weekends, I am wearing the Adapted State joggers by Lululemon on repeat. I bought one pair, that took forever to find the right style, and I love them so much I bought a second pair in black




Certain colors are also on sale right now. I have the mulled wine which is one of the sale colors and wear them a lot with grey pullovers. 

I need to start going through my spring work clothes and figure out what I need too.

What I'm Doing This Weekend

Saturday morning I am getting my hair done which I love doing. Then later on Saturday we will have our final hockey game for our travel team. 

Sunday I think I will head to church and then maybe set up another coffee and walk with a friend. I have been trying to keep our weekends as restorative as possible lately.

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month

I am so looking forward to the weather getting Better next month and hints of spring. I cannot wait to get out in my yard too. 

What Else is New

I think I have covered everything for this month. I do hope you will join me tomorrow for Monthly Musings, which is the link up I share with Holly

This time we are talking Spring Fashion Preview and Transitioning Our Wardrobes. Our questions are below.  All are welcome as writers, readers or both!








Meet you back here tomorrow!

1 comment

  1. Awwww, I just love your reminiscing. And yes, one box a weekend is totally doable. I have faith you will do it. I too love "false spring" and can't wait for real spring to arrive! And I read the Sweet Magnolias books (and loved them) but have not watched the show so can't compare the two.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.