Friday Favorites: Simple Things Feeding My Soul Lately

 



Hey the Besties! I know I have been a little absent lately. Our schedule has been so busy lately. Lots of hockey,  which is the Good stuff and lots of work. I am back today linking up with  Erika and Andrea for Friday Favorites. Today's list is a simple list of things that are feeding my soul in this season and bringing me Joy. 


1. Walks and Talks with Friends

The last two Saturdays I have done walks with friends and it has been so Good for me. The first was with my friend who lives in Delaware and we just talked on the phone while I walked Stormy. My friend Kelley knows me so well and is a person I can always be myself with and she is a total delight. 


Last Saturday Wine Gal K and I walked the waterfront in Old Town Alexandria and then went for coffee. We just spilled and shared and sipped coffee on a roof deck. 


I am following a similar model in Old Town this weekend again!


I moved my body and fed my soul doing this. If you are in a winter funk or stressed, think about trying this. This is an easy way to find simple Joy.


2. Adapted State High Rise Joggers



The men in my house are obsessed with Lululemon joggers. I have to admit that I didn't really get it until I found the right pair. It literally took a village to help me find the right pair of joggers but when I did, I am also now obsessed.


The pair that fit me the Best are the Adapted State High Rise Joggers. I found them slimming and true to size (I take a size 6) and they fit like a dream. I actually immediately bought a second pair. These joggers are what I am living in on the weekends lately.


3. Sweet Magnolias Season Two




Oh this show. It makes my heart happy. It is everything I love and there are a lot of themes mirroring our life right now. Are you watching season two Besties? I am literally savoring every episode. If I have not mentioned it before, my two favorite characters are Helen and Ty...if you made me choose, although I like almost every character...except Bill.  If you know, you know!


Some of my favorite lines from season two are:


"Don't swallow the storm"


"We can pour it out. We can pray it out. We can figure it out."


"Flexible is not the first word I would use to describe you...or the fourth."


4. Soup on the Weekend


One of the things that I said I was going to try to do this winter was make a soup, stew or chili every weekend. I really haven't made any stews yet I have pretty much made a chili or soup every weekend since Christmas. 


This plan has been really helpful lately. Running Daddy really liked this chicken enchilada soup. It cooks really quickly and is so yummy.





If you need a little lift lately, and I so did, I hope you will try these tips for some simple Joy. Feel free to leave some ways you find simple Joy in the comments below.


Join me back here next week for Monthly Musings as Holly and I talk about spring fashion and wardrobe transitioning. 





I am taking a vacation day on Monday and cannot wait! Have the Best weekend!

2 comments

  1. Yeah! You are back- woohoo! :) I can imagine how busy you are- thinking of you! I cannot wait to dive into Season 2 of Sweet Magnolias- I loved the first season and that soup looks so delish- thanks for sharing- Have a great weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy Sweet Magnolias too; it can be cheesy at times but I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.