Monthly Musings-December 2020

 


Happy Holidays Besties! Welcome to the last Monthly Musings of 2020. This link up with Holly has truly been a highlight of this year. I love reading everyone's entries and if you read her blog, then as you can imagine, Holly is the Best blogging partner. Are you ready to talk holidays and jumping into the New Year? I sure am.

1. If you celebrate Christmas, what are your traditions?
Well, typically we go to church late in the afternoon and then gather with a group of friends after church for a cocktail party. That will not be possible this year. On Christmas we open gifts, call my family and then typically head over to Dancing Granny's. 

2. If you celebrate Hanukkah, what are your traditions?
I do not celebrate Hanukkah but love the traditions and miracle of Hanukkah.

3. What are your holiday plans this year?
Honestly, we are staying put. Very put! We will be watching Christmas eve Mass virtually and then having appetizers that we all like. Christmas morning will be the same and then we are having filet mignon on the grill and then sides and dessert from the Mount Vernon Inn. 

Our plans are very chill and very safe. We have come too far in this pandemic to take risks now. The surge is real and we are doing everything we can to be careful.

4. Favorite recipe you are willing to share?
Honestly, I make like a quadruple batch of the cranberry meatballs that is a recipe you can get from Ocean Spray. It's so easy and a total crowd pleaser. Hockey Guy wanted me to make these for Christmas eve even though we are not getting together with friends. These are so easy I am definitely making them. 

5. What are you most looking forward to in 2021?
I am most looking forward to very simple things. First, getting the vaccine. Second, just getting together with people we care about. Seeing Hockey Guy play hockey live and seeing the students bang on the glass in his first real Friday night high school game with students there too.

6. Gift wrapping...love it or hate it?
I dislike it so much and always have a ton to wrap. I am also a very slow wrapper. I am hiring an elf again this year to help me wrap. It's a total win win.

Remember, there are high school girls out there who really cannot babysit right now...see if you can hire them to wrap.

7. What are you having as your holiday meal?
Christmas eve will be appetizers galore. Christmas night will be Cesar salad, filet mignon and then side of mac and cheese, whipped potatoes, and a flourless chocolate cake for dessert.

8. Open gifts Christmas eve or Christmas morning?
Christmas morning only!

9. What are you doing New Year's eve?
We will be staying home and staying safe. Not sure what we are eating or if we will even stay up.

10. Do you have a word for 2021?
I have never done this before, but I do indeed have a word for 2021. That word is boundaries. More on that probably soon.

Thank you for joining us for this link up. Because we know that we did this one early and we know how busy people are, we are leaving the link open until January 2. Happy to have you join us, on topic, for the link up below.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments

  1. Sounds like it will be a perfectly cozy Christmas- thank you for being the best blogging partner- always have so much fun with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for hosting Monthly Musings! This is my first time linking up, and I so enjoyed writing my post! I cannot wait for next year’s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this!! Thanks for sharing!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this!! Thanks for sharing!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are having Christmas dinner with my son and his family. I will bring some things, but first time ever not to be responsible for the entire meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas dinner sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.