Monthly Musings: Thanksgiving Preview

 



Welcome to Monthly Musings with Holly and Patty. Today we are focusing Thanksgiving. I know we are still in October, but Holly and I wanted to talk Thanksgiving as a way to share ideas as we head into November. Are you ready to talk turkey, no matter what that looks like in 2020? I know I am in.

1) Favorite Thanksgiving Traditions

Typically Running Daddy and Hockey Guy do a five mile Turkey Trot morning of Thanksgiving. They have been doing this for years. From when he was a baby in a baby jogger, to a three year old who would run a few blocks, to a kid that has easily run the entire race the last few years, this has been part of our family Thanksgiving for over a decade now.


I don't know what is going to happen this year with this race, but I do know that we have always had so much fun at this event.

2) Favorite Thanksgiving Dish? Will You Share the Recipe?


Without a doubt, not only is my cornbread, sausage and chestnut dressing is one of my Best recipes. While I make mine gluten free, you can make it with regular corn bread. It takes a while to make but it is totally worth it.

3) Football Game? Yes/No? In Person? On TV?

We are not big football people, so that is pretty much a no. 

4) Talking Turkey--white meat or dark meat?

I am all about the white meat. 

5) Do You Call It Stuffing or Dressing?

Growing up I always called it stuffing which is technically correct because it was stuffed in the bird. Now I call it dressing which is also correct because I make mine on the side. 

6) Tell Us Three Things You are Thankful for in This Crazy COVID Thanksgiving?

First I am thankful that we are all healthy right now. Second, I am so very thankful that Hockey Guy can go to school 2-3 days per week and for all of the hard work our school is doing to educate and keep the kids safe. Finally, I am so very thankful for so many of our friends. 

7) Pumpkin Pie? Apple Pie? Pecan Pie?

Since I am gluten free I don't eat pie very often but I did like a Good apple pie back in my gluten eating days. 

8) If You Celebrate Christmas Do You Put Up Your Tree Before or After Thanksgiving?

Since we get a real tree, we usually don't get it until mid December. I do try to decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year I am going to make sure to decorate as early as possible, because I need a little Christmas and I need a little Joy

9) Black Friday Shopper? Yes or No?

I have for the last five years or so gotten up early and gone to the outlets by our house. When I say early I am talking 5 am early. Sure there are Good deals but mostly the stores are not crowded and I have the time. Not sure what my plan will be this year.

10) Do You Sit at the Table for Thanksgiving or Dine More Casually?

We are a little more casual.  

I hope you enjoyed our Thanksgiving preview. Be sure to check out some of the other bloggers below.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

5 comments

  1. What a neat tradition! We live on a lake where they host a turkey dip-- we can hear them announcing from our bedroom but I have never wanted to join them (especially on the years where they have to break through the ice!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also do a live tree so don't put it up until into December.

    Your favourite tradition reminds me of when we lived in Alberta and the university there did a Turkey Trot around Thanksgiving. We always participated and it was so much fun. One year my parents even joined us. Thanks for bringing back a fun memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your traditions- we do a Turkey Trot but we walk it- not as ambitious as your family :) Your stuffing recipe sounds amazing- I think I am going to give it a try- thanks for being the best blogging partner ever- grateful for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another vote for putting up the tree early this year - I need twinkle lights in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a fun post link-up! Thanks for hosting, Patty!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.