Friday Favorites: Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Bagels, Best Slippers, Daylight Sunscreen, Cooler Temperatures, and Block Scheduling

 
Oh hey there Besties! Are you still here? I promise that I am. I have just been a little MIA lately. I have had some matters to take care of that needed all of my attention and needed to take a pause from this space. All of us in the Good Better Best household are ok, I just have some matters that need my full focus at times. 

This week has been filled with productivity at work, cooler temps, the bailing out of the washing machine (sigh)three times, praying for one friend and Good news from another. I am so ready to step back into this space and provide a little fun heading into the weekend. Today as I do on most Fridays I am linking up with ErikaAndreaNarci to share the things that bring me Joy.


1) Trader Joe's Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Bagel


If you are not into pumpkin spice, you can just ease on down the road. I do think there are a lot of kind of weird pumpkin spice items this time of year, but this gluten free pumpkin spice bagels are not weird. They are so Good. A half a bagel, a schmear of cream cheese and you are Good to go for breakfast this fall. 



2) Bearpaw Bliss Slipper

I am so obsessed with these slippers. They are so what I need while I am working at home. They are perfect for this time of year and I am so glad I grabbed them in the purple. These slipper are comfortable, they are soft and they are fun. What could be Better?

3) Daylight Sunscreen


I am so loving the Ever Daylight moisturizer. It is clean beauty with clinical results. I have both the clear and also in light and I alternate them depending on what is going on with my day. No breakouts, no scary ingredients, just great skin. 

Usually this time of year I get some melasma this time of year especially on my forehead and chin line. I don't really have that challenge this fall and I think it because of the quality skincare I am getting with Ever. It's so Good to not have any sun damage to reserve and just keep moving forward to Better skin. 


4) Cooler Temperatures

I am so ready for cooler temperatures. We are starting to get hints of fall over the last few days. I have not had my first pumpkin spice latte yet, but Hockey Guy and I talking about what day soon we are going to get our fall drinks. He is all caramel apple cider no whip and I am a PSL, one pump no whip.



What's your fall drink of choice? Leave it in the comment below. 


5) Block Scheduling 

Like a lot of us, we are in a totally new schedule in our household. In school 50% of the time, at home 50% of the time and 100% learning. We are at a new school for the first time in 9 years, we are in election season and heading towards the end of the fiscal year. We have a new hockey team and practices during the week. I felt a little like I was drown a few weeks ago looking at my to do list.

I started really planning my days from the moment that I got up until the time I went to bed. For my work day, I started block scheduling and it has really helped. I have really looked at my day and tried to figure out what I am doing and when and I have been even more productive than I usually am. I am a gal that prides herself on getting things done, but sometimes I look at the list as a whole and it is overwhelming. Block scheduling has really helped tackle my list and organize my day.

Have you ever used block scheduling? What other tips do you have during this time of year? Leave them in the comments below.

Thanks for popping by even though I have been off this space for a bit. Every page read, every comment means so much to me Besties!

Have the Best weekend! 




8 comments

  1. Welcome back friend- I missed you! I made a TJ's fall list and these bagels are on it- can't wait to try! Those slippers are cute but I LOVE your camo leggings- adorable! My middle schooler is doing block scheduling and it is taking a little getting used to but seems to be working- have a great weekend XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend! They are actually not leggings but the Old Navy camo joggers. I have them in two colors and I love them with the lavender slippers. Hope you have the Best weekend Holly!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! I go through phases of either planning my entire day or just going with a high level to-do list. For me, it depends on what's happening at work. Right now, I'm involved in a major project and have meetings all day long, every day. I try to block out time to actually work, but it just gets scheduled over. This week I even had people grab me 'for a minute' if a meeting ended early. Sigh. I know it's a phase, but as soon as it's over I'm going to need that block scheduling to set my mind straight. If you aren't already, make sure to include some personal quiet time in your daily schedule 😉.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--I actually block out time in the morning for Bible/prayer time, meditation and blogging. Hope your schedule gets back to normal soon. Thanks for taking the time to stop by to read and comment.

      Delete
  3. Your the second blogger today to recommend TJ's pumpkin bagels; they sure do sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how funny is that. 'Tis the season I guess. Try them and let me know what you think. Happy weekend!

      Delete
  4. I have been looking for new slippers and those look great! I am adding that to my list. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check them out. They are super soft and fun. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.

      Cheers!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.