What's Up Wednesday April 2020



Hey Besties. Everyone doing Good? We are still safe at home here in Virginia and are most likely under stay at home orders until June. In a weird way, I am getting used to it. We are taking things one day at a time and finding ways to entertain ourselves.

It's the last Wednesday of the month and I am linking up with Shay and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday. Settle in to find out what we have been up to this month. What we have been up to is a lot and nothing all at the same time. Can you relate?

What We Are Eating This Week

We have been getting produce boxes from one of the local restaurant wholesale produce distributors for about the last three weeks and it has been so helpful. They have a connection to our school and got creative and changed their business model to help their company and our community at large. We pick up in the parking lot of one of our local churches and the process is seamless.


Monday-We dropped off a birthday gift for our friend on Monday night and kept socially distant when we brought him a dark n' stormy kit. When we got home we kept it easy with spaghetti and meatballs with a Good salad.

Tuesday-We have been trying to do take out twice per week to help support our local restaurants. We have a sports pub that has a connection to our school and Hockey Guy loves their chicken tenders. So Tuesday was sports pub night.

Wednesday-Fresh lemons from my produce box means a beautiful lemon chicken tonight with roasted carrots and potatoes.

Thursday-We will probably do something easy again like tortellini for Hockey Guy and Running Daddy and gluten free ravioli for me.

Friday-Take out again. Probably from our local Italian restaurant.

What I am Reminiscing About

Honestly, I am reminscing about life as it used to be, but trying not to get too focused on it. I am also reminscing a lot about all of the fun things we have had with school over the years. Our time at Hockey Guy's school is coming to a close and none of us thought it would end like this. School is working hard to do things for the 8th graders and keeping us all connected.

I have thought many times over the last year how I would feel when I drove carpool for the last time. I didn't expect it to be during a pandemic, picking up Hockey Guy's books wrapped in plastic, and seeing so many people we know who work at school handing us locker items wearing gloves. I couldn't love these people any more. They are the real deal.

What I am Loving

I am loving how creative some of the restaurants are being. We love picking up our Keany produce boxes every Saturday and the restaurant quality fruit and vegetables we are getting every week.  We are also may do a similar pick up for meat with another vendor this week.




I am also loving Erin Condren. Since I didn't expect to be working from home this long, I went ahead and ordered a big Erin Condren planner at half price to get me through the end of the year. I always use an Erin Condren notebook for my work to do lists but I needed the planner to help me with the big picture through the end of the year.

What We Have Been Up To

We have been up to a lot and nothing at all. Can you relate to this?

I had a very big birthday this month and my friends surprised me with a large socially distant parade. The kids came too and sidewalk chalked birthday messages for me. If you want a sidewalk chalk project done right, call in the 8th grade girls. I typically do not like surprises, but this was one of the Best birthdays I ever had despite being under stay at home orders. You can read more about my big birthday safe at home here





What I am Dreading

Honestly, with so much going on right now that we cannot control, I am trying not to dread anything. I am trying to find the Joy in little moments and embrace that we are safe at home.

What I am Working On

We are working on school work, work work and making our house look at Good as possible inside and out while we have this time at home. Since yard work is one of the few things we are allowed to do, we have been spending a lot of time making the yard look Better which is usually hard during sports season.


DnD Dynasty Fastpitch/Baseball - Posts | Facebook

This meme is funny because it is true.

While we are still working on the weeds, I am getting pretty excited about how our yard is coming along. I have some spring bulbs to put in but the ground is still not warm enough but here is what is coming through right now.



Still have some weeds here to get at!


What I am Excited About

With the world the way it is, it is hard to get excited about much because we just don't know what we can and can't do. I am just trying to be patient and know that we are safe at home.

What I am Watching/Reading

I am not really reading anything right now. Where we are working all day and doing school work, I am trying to spend as much family time as possible.

Million Dollar Listing-Hockey Guy and I went back as far as we could with LA and we are binge watching. Perfect show for us right now.

pump up fight GIF

Real Housewives of New York-Oh how we need these ladies right now. I think Running Daddy and I are the only people who don't like Leah. Super worried that my girl Dorinda is going to have a bad season. In general, I think this is going to be so Good this season.

Lonely Real Housewives GIF by Slice

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills-Typically I get bored with Beverly Hills. I mean the whole dog saga last year???? This season has started off with a bang. Cleaning house a little seems to have helped but we still have Teddie and Kyle...sigh.

real housewives of beverly hills ok GIF by Slice


The Last Dance-We just dipped a toe into this the other night and really enjoyed it. This will be next up on our list.

What I am Listening to

I am listening to my podcasts while I do my yard work and that is a really Good option. I had been missing them without commuting and gardening has been an option to get caught up on the podcasts. I am making sure that I am keeping up with Bitch Sesh and Watch What Crappens. These two podcasts make me laugh while I am out pulling weeds and among my flowers. Pure magic.

I cannot concentrate well on work when I listen to a podcast so that is not an option for me. When I need to hunker down and get some work done I am really liking either Faith Hill or Lady Antebellum radio on Pandora. Just the right mix of mellow country to glide through the work day.

What I am Wearing


Basically I am getting dressed every day and chroncicaling it on my Instagram  and inviting other women to join me. This is not a competition, it is a movement for women to try to get dressed and feel Better about themselves during this time. Our cute clothes are begging to be worn,

I have been chronicalling this for the last five weeks. You can read more about it here



I did wear this outfit for my birthday. I decided to get dress for my birthday dinner even though I was only getting take out. I am totally obsessed with this blush top and camo scarf from Stella & Dot. I was super excited when Stella & Dot reached out to me to ask if they could use the above images on their website. It's so fun to see them on their site.

If you want to join us in the Get Dressed Challenge just tag me in a photo or email it to me at goodbetterbestfood@gmail.com and I will add you to my guest list. The women I feature on my site every week and those that tell me that they got dressed that day and feel Better are the Best part of this challenge. 

What I am Doing This Weekend

The weather is supposed to be really nice this weekend so I am hopefully doing more yard work and making things look beautiful. There is something about putting in plants and then waiting for them to bloom. I think we need this now more than ever.

I am hoping that we can have some fun outside too with some grilling just family fun.

What I am Looking Forward to Next Month

Running Daddy has a big birthday next month and I look forward to celebrating him. Not sure what else May holds under the circumstances.

What Else is New

I think I have covered everything.

Be sure to join me back here tomorrow as Holly and I have the April edition of Monthly Musings and this month we are talking Spring and Summer fashion with our link up. 

Here is the list of questions for April. I hope you will join us as a blog link up, reader or both.







2 comments

  1. All about the planting here too...well we haven't started yet because it has been too cold but we have done some yard cleanup and I am planning which flowers to buy over the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear your birthday was so good. Mine is on Saturday and I'm hoping I'll enjoy it. Also, I'm sorry your time at Hockey Guy's school is ending like this. That is hard to not be able to say a good-bye of your own choosing.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.