Friday Favorites: Lottery Dream Home, Get Dressed, Be a Light, Essential Personnel

Heather 🌸 Stillufsen on Instagram: “Hello 🌸 April ...


Whew, the weeks feel so long don't they? This week our Governor put us under "stay at home" orders until June 10. Yes, I said June and yes, I know it is the beginning of April. We are just trying to take it one day at a time here in the Good Better Best household and embrace that we are safe at home and not "stuck at home."

As I head into my birthday weekend (and mom's) and it is a big birthday, I am linking up with ErikaAndreaNarci to share what brings me Joy. And yes, we can find Joy in every day. 

1) My Lottery Dream Home

HGTV's My Lottery Dream Home | HGTV

Hockey Guy found this gem of a show on HGTV.  We have watched it from time time, but have really gotten into it over the last few weeks. Some of the stories are really sweet, such as the lady in Las Vegas where all she wanted in her dream house was "stairs." There was also the guy who won money off of a scratcher while he was in the bathroom. Seriously, this show is a really Good escape. To quote Hockey Guy "this show is going to get us through the Corona virus quarantine." You need to check this show out.
2) Get Dressed Challenge



Earlier this week, I started a "Get Dressed Challenge." I decided that every day I was going to pick out a cute outfit and get dressed, including a little light make up. I figured that we all might feel a little Better if we got dressed and continued with what we all would typically do on a daily basis. I have been documenting my outfits on both my Instagram @pcrichey and on my Facebook page. While taking selfies is pretty much the most uncomfortable part of blogging for me, I would much rather hide behind my words, getting dressed has really been helping me.

If you are feeling anxious, try to get dressed. It may help create some sense of normalcy and may help you feel Better. I have a couple of friends that have tried this with me this week and they said they were feeling anxious watching the news and then they got dressed, put on some cute jewelry and they felt Better.


I also asked my friend Susanne to put together a stay at home cute look that could be transitioned into our lives when they finally get back to "normal" whenever that may be. I will be continuing my personal donation to No Kid Hungry for anyone that makes a purchase through my shopping link through April 11th. Make a purchase up to $99 and Running Daddy and I will make a personal donation of $5 and make a purchase of over $100 and we will give $10.  You can shop the looks above and all kinds of cute things, including their Autism Awareness collection for April here


3) Be A Light 

Oh this song. So what we need, when we needed it. Thomas Rhett just always gets it right. Oh and my girl Reba is on this song too. Talk about someone who always gets it right.



The lyrics are here. Take them in. 

4) Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy Essential Personnel



View image on Twitter

In New Hampshire this week, Governor Chris Sununu deemed both the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy essential workers. I personally could not love this more. Truth be told, I think the Tooth Fairy needs extra compensation, girlfriend works every single night. The Easter Bunny really only works one night. I will be happy to see him this year, but the Tooth Fairy is really appreciated. If you don't know what I am talking about add Rise of the Guardians to your watch list.

I hope you are safe and well and wish you the Best weekend. Take one day at a time and celebrate that you are safe at home. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read. I will see you back here next week. 

8 comments

  1. Thank you for your uplifting post friend- have a happy weekend XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly. Just taking it one day at a time. I cannot think ahead until June 10 or it just become too much. Focusing on Safe at Home not Stuck at Home.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday weekend beautiful babe! I love lottery dream home! Wishing you a day and entire weekend full of smiles and love and yummy food and celebration of sweet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a great birthday weekend! I work at home and always have and I find getting dressed each day makes a huge difference in how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes and for taking the time to stop by. Have a beautiful weekend and stay well.

      Delete
  5. You have such a great attitude! I, too, have been trying to stick to my regular work routine - yoga, shower, get dressed, make my coffee and then get to work in my new make-shift office. It really does make a difference. Happy birthday to you, I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, thank you for the birthday wishes. Routine is totally helpful. I am just taking these stay at home orders one day at a time, and even one hour at a time. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.