Lemon Blueberry Muffins


Nothing says summer like lemons and blueberries! Since I am usually up and out of the house for my commute pretty early, I love the ease of a muffin for breakfast. This recipe is based on my cranberry orange muffins that I posted earlier this year.  These muffins are light, lemony and Good. Oh and you can make them gluten free too...but you don't have to. 



1 cup all purpose flour (I used the King Arthur Gluten Free Flour)

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1 egg white

6 oz low fat vanilla yogurt (I used Yoplait)

1 Tbs canola oil

1/2 medium lemon

1 cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray or use paper liners. 

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate, small bowl, whisk together egg white, yogurt, and oil. Zest the lemon into the bowl and then give a good squeeze of the lemon into the bowl.

Combine the wet and dry mixture but do not over mix. Add blueberries. You can add in a few more blueberries if you want too.

Spoon batter into each muffin tin about 3/4 full. Bake about 20 minutes until a took pick comes out clean.



Enjoy these with a Good cup of coffee!

2 comments

Powered by Blogger.