Better Beauty with Beautycounter Part 1: Tell Me About Beautycounter






My dear friend Amy Mac reached out to me a few weeks ago to see if I wanted to give Beautycounter a try. Beautycounter is a health and beauty company founded six years ago to provider safer beauty to everyone. I had dipped my toe into Beautycounter a little bit and tried a few products in the past but Amy gave me the opportunity to try a few more products as we get ready for spring. I will give my review and tips on those products in part two of this post, but today I wanted to do a little interview with Amy so you can learn more about Beautycounter.



Amy, for those not familiar with Beautycounter—give us a quick summary of the company.

Founded in 2013, Beautycounter is a CA based company on a mission to bring safer personal care/beauty products to everyone. In the US, the FDA bans just 30 ingredients from our personal products.  Beautycounter’s NEVER LIST includes ingredients that we will never use because they are known to be harmful to humans or simply haven’t been thoroughly tested for safety.  Beautycounter is leading the movement for more transparency and regulation of the beauty industry in the US and Canada through advocacy and introducing safer products in the marketplace.

Why did you become involved with Beauty Counter?

I joined Beautycounter because of my love of the products and mission. I have also enjoyed so much about the challenge of growing a business as well as making new friends through client relationships and team members! I have loved the extra income as well — it is my FUN /MAD money!

What makes Beauty Counter different from other cosmetics company in general?

Beautycounter is different from traditional beauty/personal care product companies.  We are a multi-channel retail company offering our clients many ways to shop - online, retail pop up shops/store partnerships, or through a consultant.  Beautycounter is a certified B-Corp.  Certified B Corporations are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose.   Our  The Never List™, which now has more than 1,500 questionable chemicals in it—and they’re all prohibited from being used as ingredients in our formulas. Beautycounter’s extensive ingredient selection process ensures that the company’s safety standards are met and create a superior end result.  We share every product ingredient (including known components of fragrances, flavors, and intentionally added preservatives.) Our Ingredient Glossary features a comprehensive list of the ingredients we use in our products. The Beautycounter team from HQ and in the field, are all advocates for the safer beauty movement and lobby at local, state and federal levels for more health protective laws.

What makes Beauty Counter different from other clean beauty lines?

I believe what differentiates Beautycounter from other clean beauty lines is total transparency with our ingredients, our never list, our post production testing and our advocacy. 

What is the Band of Beauty?

Band of Beauty is our membership program.  For just $29 per year, clients can join our program which offers 10% credit back on all purchases, free shipping on orders of $100+, special member only promotions, and a free gift (Past gifts have been: Countermatch Body Lotion, Charcoal Mask) sign on with a purchase of $50+. This is a wonderful way to support Beautycounter’s mission and get many rewards.

Tell us about the lobbying days you have been involved in.

In 2017, I had the opportunity to meet with Virginia Senator Mark Warner’s office.  Along with a group of several local Beautycounter consultants, we asked for his support on the Personal Care Product Safety Act.  We explained the issues to his staff and gave some personal stories to support our demand more protective health laws.  This legislation was reintroduced this year by Senators Diane Feinstein (D-CA) and Susan Collins (R-Maine).  We will be visiting Capitol Hill again in March 2019 to mark Beautycounter’s 6 year anniversary. 

Ok—choose three products---only three that you cannot live without from Beauty Counter.

It is so hard to pick just 3!  It changes!  Right now:  Twig lip sheer - a hydrating lipstick with a hint of vanilla in the most beautiful neutral hue, Dew skin - a tinted moisturizer with SPF 20 that works as a light coverage foundation, Countermatch Sleep Recovery Cream - works wonders overnight for deep hydration in winter months.

Where can people go to find out more about Beauty Counter?

Learn more by reaching out to me directly via email, text, social media or my website!

Thank you for sharing your wisdom about Beautycounter Amy. Join me back here to learn more about my choices for Better beauty with Beautycounter next week and I will choose my Best looks. Get ready for lots and beauty looks!








5 comments

  1. I’ve heard great things about this company. Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea. I have really liked the products so far. Stick around because in part two I will be sharing lots of looks with Beautycounter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear what you think of these products Patty :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spoiler alert...I am really liking them. Get ready for lots of looks in part #2 and lots of close ups of my face. Way outside of my comfort level on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good friend of my raves about their products! I will have to try some :) Blessings to you!
    xoxo Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.