The Blended Blog Asks: Keep Me Entertained


It's the first Monday of the New Year. Wow! As we get ready for what could be a long winter, I am joining up with the lovely ladies of The Blended Blog to talk entertainment. Let's talk all things entertainment so that we can have fun ideas for when the winter gets to be too much.



1) Books You Have Read Multiple Times


Image result for great gatsby book

I would say for classics I have read The Great Gatsby multiple times. It is probably my favorite book. I read it first in high school and probably read it at least once per decade. I am pretty sure I did a did a book report on it or maybe even a term paper. I watch every movie version of it when it comes out.


The Prince of Tides (ebook)

For a more modern classic, I have also read Prince of Tides multiple times. I find the characters rich and complex and much of it is set in low country which I love so much.



As we head into the New Year, I will probably try to read parts of Girl Wash Your Face again. Even though things are going well for me, I have a tendency to slip back into self doubt. I need to read certain chapters to keep myself moving forward and to keep myself from getting too inside my head. I believe that every woman of every age should read this book.

2) Favorite Book/Author of All Time

See Great Gatsby above! It's the Best.

3) Favorite TV Show to Binge

Probably Real Housewives (NY, Beverly Hills and Dallas--yes Dallas) and then The Bachelor.  I have watched every season of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette since it premiered. I am not proud of that fact...actually I lied...I am. Get ready because it premiers tonight. I am going to try to recap this season again, so if you are a fan, stay tuned.

4) Favorite Newish TV Show


Image result for dirty john

It is more of a limited series than a TV show, but we are totally watching Dirty John. It's totally not something that you would think I would watch but I listened to the podcast early this fall and was totally into it. The limited series on Bravo is so Good. The acting by Connie Britton and Jean Smart is the Best

5) Favorite Movie of All Time


Image result for wizard of oz

Hands down the Wizard of Oz. Loved it as a child, love it now.


Image result for the blind side

I will also stop and watch The Blind Side and A Few Good Men, every time it is on.


Image result for a few good men

5) Movie You Are Looking Forward to Watching


Image result for dog way home movie

All three of us are looking forward to seeing A Dog's Way Home and hope we actually get to see it in the theater.  

Running Daddy and I have been wanting to rent Chappaquiddick too but we cannot find the time to or cannot stay awake long enough!

If you have any must see movies...please leave them in the comments below. Especially if they are included in Amazon Prime. It could be a long winter!

6) First Concert You Attended

I think it was Laura Branigan of the Gloria fame but I also know that I saw Elton John in high school. I think I have seen Elton John three times.

7) Ultimate Concert

Van Halen back together with David Lee Roth...probably never happening. 

8) Favorite Music/Artist Band

Ok, wide range of music here. 

Classics-Tony Bennett and Judy Garland

Classic rock-Beatles, Van Halen and Journey

Country-Reba McEntire, Luke Bryan

Pop-Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars

Christian-Casting Crowns, Natalie Grant, Mercy Me

9) How Do You Listen

In the car I listen to the radio and also steaming. At home I was streaming but now that I have my Echo Dot---Alexa is my DJ!

Feel free to leave your favorites in the comments below.

Happy January everyone! 

6 comments

  1. I need to watch the Great Gatsby and Wizard Of Oz is one of my faves too Patty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With Gatsby I would either start with the classic one starring Mia Farrow and Robert Redford (filmed in Newport!) or the one with Mira Sorvino. The one with Leonardo DiCaprio is Good...but I would start with one that is closer to the book like the two I listed first.

      Delete
  2. Oh, The Great Gatsby is so good, I remember being so excited with all the boys had to read it in high school. I love all kinds of music too. We were wondering if Dirty John is good or not. We’re going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dirty John is so Good. The acting is amazing. It is super creepy but Running Daddy and I have had big discussions about it as it continues to unfold. Probably the Best series since Big Little Lies...which is in a category of its' own.

      Delete
  3. The Great Gatsby is an iconic novel for sure. A Few Good Men - fabulous, remember watching it at the cinema when it first came out - my 12 year old LOVES it too (and to repeat 'you can't handle the truth... etc'). LOVE the fact the opening team featured the Aggie Core of Cadets too! J xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.