Thankful Thursdays-New Beginnings







Image result for let the morning bring me word

Welcome to the first Thankful Thursday with Holly and Patty! The last Thursday of every month, we are taking time to pause and reflect what we are thankful for. It can be deep and meaningful things, it can be things that changed your life, it can be little blessings or it can be something as fun as the pair of shoes that you have been wanting that are finally on sale. Anything that brings you Joy is Good with us. 

I will start this post with the fact that I messed up a little...and the last Thursday of the month is actually next Thursday. We are going to keep this link open a little longer due to that.

New Beginnings. For me, it's not just about a new year. I am grateful for New Beginnings that actually began in 2018. In early 2018 I was on a job hunt. The psalm above is something I prayed every morning and some days throughout the day as I was weighing my options.

I was blessed with a lot of options in early 2018. I was given the opportunity to look into a lot of things that I potentially wanted to do. My advice for anyone, is that if you have the time and you don't need to make an immediate move---take your time when looking at new opportunities. Each time I was presented with an offer, I prayed this psalm. I knew that God was taking me on a journey and I really didn't know where I would end up. I just knew I needed to trust Him. There were times when I would be walking my dog, a time that is totally quiet for me unless he sees a squirrel, when I would ask Him (sometimes even quietly out loud) "Is this it? Is this what I am supposed to be doing?" Sometimes that answer was a clear No. Sometimes it was a situation where I knew I could help, but it would not be there right opportunity to move myself forward. Moving forward was something that had not been happening for a long time.

At one point, I was blessed with two offers at once. One I had been working on for a while. That one seemed super sexy in my mind but there was red flags along the way. I thought "is this it?" This is what I wanted right? If so, then why is my gut screaming at me to go the other way? And why were there things in the formal offer that were not discussed on the phone? Why on paper was this not such a Good deal after I read every word in that offer? I spoke with one of my besties and she told me that through your gut, God speaks the loudest. I went with my gut the next day and went in the other direction, and it was a really Good decision.

So here I am at the beginning of 2019. What I know now is that God will not present you with an opportunity if you don't have the skills to handle it. I also know now, that God's plan isn't always my plan and God's timeline isn't always my timeline, but that His plan always ends up being even Better than what I could have dreamed for myself. 

I am continuing to listen to Him and the way I should go in my life. The main thing I am trying to remind myself in 2019 is not to second guess myself. To be grateful for the skills and gifts He has given me and know that I have His abilities. There are a lot of really Good things coming our way in our household over the next year or so. We all just have to work hard and listen to His subtle messages in everyday life. 

Thank you for reading our first Thankful Thursday! We are going to be working on our graphics soon so stay tuned for a Better look to this link up. If you are linking up with us, try to visit at least two other posts and comment if you have time. It will help build the community and you may learn something along the way.

I also want to take this time to thank everyone who stops by to read and comment on this blog every week. It really means a lot to me and I know there are countless blog options you can read every week. It brings me Joy that you choose Good Better Best as one to read.




Inlinkz Link Party

6 comments

  1. Hi Patty- so excited to kick this off with you and hope are participants increase! I love this story - really resonates with me about God's plan and his timing and I am going to copy this psalm and read it daily too XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot tell you how helpful that psalm was to me last year. It just reminds you to just let Him be in control.

      xoxox

      Delete
  2. Love this post - thank you for letting me link up. I will look forward to more future linkups!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining us Cameron. I so loved your post. Hope you are having a Good weekk

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful story! Looking forward to this monthly linkup :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.