Friday Favorites: Hello 2019

Related image

Ok, here we go. It's a new year. We have short week with back to school and back to work for me. Running Daddy is on call during the government shutdown so this reentry process is a little interesting. So it's Friday on what should feel like a Tuesday around here and I am linking up with ErikaAndreaNarci and The Blended Blog for a totally random list of things that are bringing me Joy on this first Friday of 2019. 


1) UBeesize cell phone tripod


My selfie game is not Good and I have been using a selfie stick for a lot of photos on this blog. One thing that I told Running Daddy I wanted for Christmas was a cell phone tripod with remote so help up my selfie game. Voila'! This photo was taken this week with the UBeesize tripod. It was so easy and the octopus legs are so helpful. The price point of under $18 is the Best part. 

2) Kingsmill Resort Hot Cider

Last weekend we took a quick trip to Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg, VA. We have stayed there many times and it is a really Good option for us because it is the official resort of Busch Gardens Williamsburg and there are many benefits to staying on property. This is the first time we have stayed there during the winter...and Christmas and one of the Best surprises of this trip was the hot cider they put out in the lobby at night. 

I asked the next morning at breakfast if they knew what they put in the cider and there was definitely cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, a squeeze of orange and some orange zest. Running Daddy would typically have chosen the hot chocolate but was so glad he went with the cider. 

3) J Crew Sale

So everything is on sale right now. I mean everything. I needed to upgrade some sweaters both for work and weekends. Here is what I purchased this week.



Fair Isle is totally on trend this year and I am ok with that. This super cute sweater by J Crew is on sale for just about $35 with the discount code and comes in this teal/navy combo which I chose in small or a pebble and red combo which is also a Good choice. 


I also grabbed this navy embellished cardigan. I thought it would be a Good staple piece that could carry me into spring for work. This would work with pants, skirts and dresses and is a Good alternative to a jacket. I scored this for under $50 and chose the small again for sizing. 

4) Hallmark Channel this season

Every single year, when the Hallmark Channel moves from the Christmas movies to regular programming, Golden Girls or I Love Lucy, it is literally like someone ripped the rug out from under me. I am never fully prepared for this. I do think that this season on Hallmark was one of the Best. It also brings me great Joy that so many people are catching on to what I have known for over five years...that Hallmark rocks.

I am so happy that the winter movies premier this weekend and that there will be a new movie on Hallmark every Saturday night in 2019!


Hot Cocoa Love GIF by Hallmark Channel

5) This Entire Christmas Season

We had one of the Best Christmas seasons yet. I worked a little but we also had a lot of family and friend time. We kicked off Christmas break with about 32 of us from school attending Elf in the theater. When I was giving them our tickets, they radioed to the concession stand that "a family of 32 was coming through." Well...yes and no.  We are a church family and a school family and these people are my kind of people. 


Image result for elf gif

We went to look at Christmas lights in Annapolis with a really Good dinner beforehand. I made sure I had champagne at least twice and then we also had people over for the Winter Classic and the Bruins won!

We were all so super into Christmas this year and I am a little sad to shut down this Christmas season.

That's it for the first Friday of 2019. Looking forward to some really fun blogging this year. Feel free to leave me any suggestions you would like to see on Good Better Best this year!


3 comments

  1. Happy New Year Patty! Sounds liked you had the BEST Christmas season...I laughed out loud at your comment about having the rug ripped out from under you with the Hallmark change- same here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I got a cell phone tripod too but haven’t tried it yet. You look great! Have a wonderful weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty. You just make me smile. I am so proud of what you have accomplished with your blog. I was telling my CA girls about your blog and the chai lipstick. I realized that I haven’t shared your blog with anyone so I’m doing so today. Love you and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.