Friday Favorites: The Bachelor, Good Tea, Word for 2019 and a Special Annoucement

Image result for heather stillufsen teacup


Ah Friday, hello! On a Friday when I am still fighting the crud...coughing edition I am linking up with ErikaAndreaNarci and The Blended Blog for my weekly list of things that are bringing me Joy. Be sure to check out the news about the new link up I am hosting with Holly starting this Thursday January 24 and my word of 2019 in the bonus section below!

1) Celestial Seasonings Cranberry Vanilla Wonderland tea


Image result for celestial seasonings cranberry vanilla wonderland

I love a fruity tea. As you may imagine, because I am nursing the crud I am drinking a lot of tea. I found this Cranberry Vanilla Wonderland tea the other day and it is so Good. The perfect blend of tangy and sweet. Since it is herbal it is great before bed. I am actually enjoying a cup with honey at this very moment. For the record, I think that after naming lipstick or nail polish colors, it would be fun to name teas at Celestial Seasonings.



2) Made for More with Rachel Hollis

Last August Rachel Hollis released her documentary Made for More into theaters.  I really wanted to go then but one of the dates we were on vacation and the other one I just couldn't make. Well just in time for the New Year, she re-released it early this month and I was able to attend last week. I got a lot out of it and it really helped put me back on track. 

I think my friend Miss D had a Good perspective on it. She said that she doesn't necessarily think that Rachel Hollis tells her things she already didn't know, but it is the way she packages it that really makes an impact. 



There were definitely moments in this film that spoke to me. Things that I needed to remind myself of. I cannot wait for her next book Girl, Stop Apologizing to come out in a few months. If she releases one for this book I highly recommend you find time to see it. I know I will be there.

3) Bubbly Sesh podcast

Ok, did you know that there is a podcast dedicated to all things Hallmark movies? Well there is! It's called Bubbly Sesh and it's like my beloved Bitch Sesh minus the Housewives and swearing. I have listened to a couple of episodes over the past two weeks and these ladies are fun. They love Hallmark as much as I do and they have really Good guests. Guests like the Queen of Hallmark---Candace Cameron Bure! I will be queuing that one up soon for my drive to work.
Snowglobe Magic - Christmas 2018

Let's just say...I wish I had thought of this! 

4) Jose Andres--Food for Feds

I am pretty sure that Chef Jose Andres has made Friday Favorites now three times, which I am sure he considers almost as big an honor as that Nobel Peace Prize he is up for. His charity, World Central Kitchen  is now the go-to disaster related fund that Running Daddy and I choose. He is everywhere there is a need. Feeding people on the ground and helping to provide long term solutions in places like Puerto Rico. No press releases, no fanfare, he just goes in and gets things done. Jose Andres is a one man FEMA. 

This week he opened a pop up kitchen in downtown Washington, DC to help provide meals for people impacted by the government shut down. This project is called Chef for Feds. They expected to serve about 2,000 meals per day and have been serving upwards of 5,000 meals per day. The volunteer shifts are booked up with other federal workers who just want to help out.

Running Daddy is a federal worker and has been furloughed/on call since the Friday before Christmas. We are very blessed that we are not having any financial hardships due to the shutdown, but so many people are. Knowing that Chef Andres is doing this to help people in his own city just makes him the Best. This guy is the real deal and I am so happy that we decided to start supporting his charity last year. Please think about World Central Kitchen the next time you want to make a donation.

5) The Bachelor 

Ok--I am going to try to do some Bachelor recaps but I have been really sick and trying to get my rest. What I can tell you is that this season is going to be Good. The level of girl crazy on this season is off the charts. Not sure if it because they are really young...really crazy or all of the above. All I can tell you is that I am totally here for it.



colton underwood GIF by The Bachelor


Episode 2 Demi GIF by The Bachelor


Bonus-Gratitude Link Up starting January 24
Guess what else I am totally up for? The brand new monthly Gratitude link up I am hosting with Holly starting this Thursday, January 24. Our topic for the first month will be New Beginnings

What are you grateful for in this New Year? Did you have amazing new beginnings in 2018 that you want to share? Want to share your gratitude on a different topic? Well, that is totally fine too.

All you have to do is link to Holly and me in your opening and use the linking tool we will provide. All are welcome! If you had time to comment on at least two blogs that link up, well that would be even Better!

Extra Bonus-Word of 2019
Ready for my word of 2019?  It's Badass...more on that to come.

Have the Best weekend. Holly and I hope to see you for the New Beginnings link up on Thursday.


16 comments

  1. Yesss...can't wait for our gratitude linkup...hoping it will take off and inspire everyone to be grateful for every little thing! Thanks for all of your hard work on that Patty :) By the way- LOVE your word for 2019- you got this! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly. I cannot wait to go on the journey with you.

      Delete
  2. I have a good cup of tea everyday. I’ll have to try that one. I hope you have the sweetest weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Good one! Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I love tea and will have to check out this flavor. Also, I am very excited for the Girl Stop Apologizing book to release. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait for this book release. I think it is going to do me a lot of Good. Hope you have the Best weekend!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I just have to keep reminding myself of that every day. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.

      Delete
  5. Love your link up idea!! Also I love the Bachelor so I hope you do a recap! The ladies are def crazy this season. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can join us for the link up Jaclyn. I am hoping to get to some Bachelor recaps too. My energy has been zapped with this cough so I didn't post much last week.

      Delete
  6. I will try to get a gratitude post together for Thursday - sounds like fun. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya--Holly and I would love to have you join us. We are very low key, just write what is on your heart.

      Delete
  7. Soooo much fun in this post! I also cannot wait for Girl, Stop Apologizing - I'm pretty sure it was written for me, haha. Hope you have a great week:)

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment Laura. I think that book was written for a lot of us. I cannot wait for the read.

      Delete
  8. I love Celestial Seasonings too. My favorite is Bengal Spice. I love that you are doing a gratitude link up. I've got to get my act together soon and participate. I love Jose Andres - what a class act. Hope you have a wonderful week. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would love to have you join us! Holly and I are totally laid back so feel free to write what is on your heart! Thanks for stopping by and stay warm.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.