The Blended Blog Asks: Holiday Edition



It's the first Monday of December...whose excited? I am! I am joining up with the lovely ladies of The Blended Blog to talk all things holiday. Let's get to this...shall we?


1. Candy Canes? Yes or No?

Big yes. Hockey Guy and I love all things mint. I especially like the mini candy canes.

2. Christmas Morning Early Riser or Sleep In?

When Hockey Guy was little we didn't let him get up until 6 am. That's is still early but not insanely early. If he woke up any earlier than that then we had him just come and snuggle with us until 6 am. Now that he is older, we all just sleep until he gets up which is probably around 8:30 am. 

The first year we had Stormy, he was about 10 months old at Christmas. He heard Running Daddy and I wake up on Christmas morning and ran in and jumped in our bed. Something that he had never done before. We honestly thought that he knew it was Christmas or that it was a big day and was so excited. Sometimes even the dog knows it's Christmas!

3) Did You Shop on Black Friday?

Yes. I always get up early and go to the outlets that are about 10 minutes from our house. I usually get there a little after 5:00 a.m. and then leave about 7:30 am. I then head over to our local running store as they have everything at 30% off until 8 am. 


I also did a lot of online shopping that entire weekend. The deals are too Good to pass up and I like to get a jump start on things.

4) Christmas Tree Up in November? Yes or No?

Big No! As much as I love Christmas, November is too early for me. Our tree is actually the last thing we decorate as we get a real tree.

5) Do You Get Holiday Ideas from Pinterest? Yes or No?

I get a few from Pinterest. I was trying to tell Running Daddy about some ornaments I want to hang from our porch this year so I pinned a few to show him where I was going on this idea. In general, I try to only use Pinterest for projects or else I could get sucked in for hours.

If you have never checked out my Pinterest page the link is here

6) Christmas Glam or Ugly Sweater?

Oh glam all the way!  Here is what I wore to a holiday party the other night.  

Faux fur always=glam

Casual but glam!

7) Stocking Stuffers: Wrapped or Unwrapped?

I would say that 90% of what Santa puts in the stocking is unwrapped. If you want to know what this elf thinks about wrapping check out what I am dreading in What's Up Wednesday.

8) Traditional or Modern Christmas Songs?

I love them all. Give me ALL the Christmas music.

9) Fruitcake Yes or No?

Not even a No. It's an Ewwwww and pretty sure not gluten free.

10) Is Your Christmas Shopping Finished? Yes or No?

No, but I am working on it and feeling pretty Good about where I am at. 

11) Is There Snow in December Where You Live?

Sometimes. Sometimes we will get a dusting in the mid-Altantic area in Decmeber. If it does, you can be sure that school will be cancelled and panick will ensure.

12) Classic Christmas Show: A Charlie Brown Christmas or Rudolph?

While we love them both, Charlie Brown is our favorite. We actually own it.

On this same note, a little known fact is that we love National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation in the Good Better Best household. At least one of us will quote that movie at least once per day...365 days a year.


really nice christmas vacation GIF


Be sure to leave your favorites in the comments below. To stay up to date on my fashions and other favorites feel free to follow me on Instagram. I am really Good about following back as long as you are not creepy!  

5 comments

  1. I am on the same page with most of your answers BUT definitely on the last one- quotes from that movie happen all year around here thanks to my hubby :) Have a great week Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're the same way with National Lampoon's; I quote that thing ALL the Time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas vacation is our favorite of all time too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second the eww on fruit cake..

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know anyone who likes fruit cake... Why do they still make it?! haha Give me all the Christmas music/shows/movies... I love them all - old & new! And growing up in Buffalo we had plenty of snow to hold me over for a while, so I kind of enjoy my green Christmas here in NC! lol

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.