Friday Favorites: It's Almost Christmas

Image result for heather stillufsen holiday weekend



It's the Friday before Christmas. I cannot believe it and I cannot wait. Today I am linking up with ErikaAndreaNarci and The Blended Blog to talk a few last minute holiday favorites and then I literally need to get back to wrapping gifts. AKA my least favorite holiday task.

1) Amazon Echo Dot



Ok, if you have been around this blog for a even a minute, you probably know that we never buy the latest technology when it first comes out. One of my Besties bought us an Amazon Echo Dot as a family gift. We got it last Friday, and we really love it. We love asking Alexa to play random Christmas songs that we haven't heard in a long time like A Christmas to Remember by Dolly Parton and also playing Jeopardy and Price it Right. Alexa can also tell you what's on the Hallmark Channel. It's also a Good way to set reminders for Hockey Guy. It's always Better to have Alexa nag him than me. I am sure almost everyone reading has one but if you don't, they are at such a Good price now you might want to check one out.  



2) This Whole Christmas Season

I love Christmas but some years it seems more special than others. I am really loving this Christmas season and trying to spend time with friends young and old. We have some very fun things planned this weekend such as our friends from school are basically taking over the entire movie theater to go see Elf. We are also headed to dinner in Annapolis on Sunday night and then to see the Christmas lights. I am so looking forward to Mass on Christmas Eve and Hockey Guy having the opportunity to serve Mass. 

We have a lot to be thankful for this Christmas. A lot has happened this year especially for me and just like that, I think I understand what God had planned for me. It was Better than anything I could have come up with. So for the next few days, I just need to go off the grid a little bit and enjoy the season. 

3) Once Upon A Christmas Miracle



Yes, you all know how much I love the Hallmark Channel especially at Christmas and it brings me Joy that this channel is getting so popular. What is surprising me is how Good the Christmas movies are this year over on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. I mean several of them are really Good. I think I have already mentioned A Godwink Christmas and the other one I am really loving is Once Upon A Christmas Miracle. This sweet movie is based on a true story and it gives me all the feels. 

There were also a few little somethings that I totally related to with the main character. One is about loving someone when you live with health problems and that when you have the right person in your life, they don't even give it a second thought. They love it as just part of you. I am pretty blessed to have a person like that in Running Daddy.

Check this one out before the season ends...and have the tissues handy.

4) Penny Marshall

I think we were all sad to learn that Penny Marshall died this week. I watched Lavern & Shirley when I was little and she truly brought people a lot of Joy. I mean how could I not love a character that wore a monogram every single day?


Image result for laverne and shirley gif

But she was more than that, she was a talented director too. This fall we watched Big as one of our Friday night movies. Hockey Guy had never seen it and then Running Daddy realized he had never seen it either. It is such a sweet movie and Hockey Guy laughed in all the same spots I did when I first saw it. This movie totally holds up. If your kids haven't seen Big, queue this one up for a snowstorm or Christmas break.

5) My Readers

I may do one or two more posts this year if I can get to it but I wanted to take a moment to thank all of my readers. Good Better Best has grown a lot over the last two years and it is getting bigger and Better all the time. All this has to do with all  of the people who take the time every week to stop by, read and comment. So thank you and Happy Holidays to you all. You are all very sweet.

I really want to make 2019 the Best year yet for this site, so if you have time, please comment with what you would like to see more of. Do you want Bachelor recaps? More style posts? Recipes? Holly always wants me to talk more about business and career paths. Thoughts on that?  I am open to any ideas you all have. Feel free to email me through the contact form too.

Ok, off to wrap gifts again!






5 comments

  1. I was so sad about Penny Marshall too, what a lady! And speaking of great ladies, a very Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Patty! Hope you have a wonderful one! Sounds like it is going to be amazing. I agree with you on the Godwink Christmas and other movies over on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries- I am devouring as many of them as I can right now! Let's connect soon and plan our Gratitude Linkup for 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll never forget when Rosie O' Donnell was talking about A League of Their Own and she joked that her part wasn't that big but she was the only one who could understand Penny's mumbled directions as he directed the movie. She always seemed like quite a character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH thank you for suggesting Big--totally forgot about that movie and I know the kids would love it! Can't wait to see what you have planned for the blog in 2019! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list of favorites. I love Alexa. I have an echo in my classroom and use her all the time for music, for the correct spelling of words. I just love it! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.