TBB Asks: Giving Thanks



Ah sweet November. When I was driving home the other night it occurred to me how much I really like November. I love the stillness of this month. It seems less busy than October and is a nice entry into the holiday season. I feel like things are a little slower this month at least for us. Today I am linking up with the lovely ladies of The Blended Blog for TBB Asks--Giving Thanks Edition.  

1) Have you ever kept a gratitude journal?

Yes. I definitely work on a gratitude journal from time to time. I find it really helpful when I am struggling. The things I have been grateful for have been as significant as friends who have my back when I need it to things as simple as a Good pumpkin spice latte. It's definitely a Good thing to do especially in seasons that are hard. 


2) Hosting Thanksgiving at your house?

No. We host Easter.

3) Favorite food from the Thanksgiving meal?

My gluten free cornbread, sausage and chestnut dressing is my favorite food at the Thanksgiving meal. It's so Good you would never know it is gluten free. You could totally make this with regular cornbread too. 

4) What one thing in nature are you most grateful for?

Probably this time of year, the beautiful foliage. While we only live about 12 miles outside of the city, where we live is very wooded. The trees are very mature and there is just a burst of color. I am so grateful I get to look at this every day.

5) Pumpkin pie: Yes or No?

Being gluten free, I am a no to pumpkin pie right now. I am sure I could adapt a recipe and make one with gluten free pie crust, but I don't like it enough to make the effort. I have other gluten free desserts that I make that are Better

6) Traditional cookbook: Yes or No?

I use a mix of cookbook recipes and then I also have recipes that I have come up with myself. I also cook a lot by feel. 

7) Oven baked or deep fried turkey?

Oven roasted all the way. 

8) Thanksgiving leftovers? 

I typically do not take them. None of us really do Thanksgiving leftovers. 

9) What is the one household product you are most grateful for? 

Honestly, I am probably most grateful for my coffee maker and that Running Daddy has coffee waiting for me every morning. 

10) Are you most grateful for home cooked meals or restaurant  meals?

It will come as no surprise to anyone, that I love home cooked meals!

Hope you are all enjoying this season and that it is as comforting for you as it is for me. Feel free to leave your favorites in the comments below.

11 comments

  1. The foliage has been amazing!!! Loved reading your answers. I hope your week gets off to a great start!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my coffee machine too. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of my answers are the same as yours- no surprise! We have to get going on our gratitude linkup- will be one of my 2019 goals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great. Email me directly whenever you are ready to talk about our gratitude link up. Thanks for stopping by to read and comment.

      Delete
  4. That cornbread dressing sounds delicious and I'm off to check it out. Who knows it might end up on my table this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so Good! If you have a Trader Joe's near you they sell cooked and peeled chestnuts which is what I use now. So much easier than roasting yourself. I picked mine up last night.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's so Good! See my note above about getting the chestnuts already prepared at Trader Joe's if you have one near you.

      Delete
  6. Coffee waiting for you every morning? That's fantastic!
    Yep - the fall foliage is something wonderful right now, isn't it? My grandma always used to call it "God's Coloring Book"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your grandma is so right! Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. Hope you are having a Good week.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.