Batch Cooking: Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken





About eighteen months ago I started making chicken in the slow cooker for things like baked chicken tacos following Mix and Match Mama's guidance. In my new goal of not driving myself crazy and trying to make our lives easier, today I decided to kick it up a notch by adding some additional seasoning and cooking a big batch of pulled chicken for future meals. 

I don't mean to brag but this is pretty much how I feel after seasoning a big batch of this chicken and bagging it up for future dinners.

detroit lions win GIF by Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans


This chicken is so Good and versatile that I had to share it with you here.


Ingredients

-Large package of fresh (not frozen) boneless chicken breasts
-32 oz chicken broth
-1 heaping teaspoon each of Tastefully Simple Onion Onion, Garlic Garlic and Seasoned Salt

Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Cover with chicken broth and then add seasoning.  Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.

When chicken is cooked, take out of the slow cooker and let cool a bit. Shred with a fork and then use the meat in your favorite recipes. I then bagged up the chicken that I didn't use tonight into smaller portions for future dinners. I made smaller bags because we mostly will use for tacos and enchilada bakes. You can make whatever size bag you need.


Here are some really Good ways to use this chicken:

Black Bean and Corn Tacos. 
You can find the recipe here.



Chicken Enchiladas. This is what I did with them tonight. Yes chicken enchiladas on a Wednesday night!



Chicken Nachos 


I know there are a lot of Mexican ideas above, but you could also easily make a pulled chicken barbecue sandwich, a chicken soup or chili. You could also use any leftovers to put on a salad for lunch or add to stir fry.

I am super excited to have this chicken on hand for the next couple of weeks. I think the next time I make a big batch, a Better idea might be to make it on a weekend. As easy as this was, I was a little rushed this morning.

To make Better: use one element of organic chicken or chicken broth. To make Best: use both!

If you have not used Tastefully Simple before you can order here. I am thinking about doing an online Tastefully Simple party. If you might have interest in that or discovering their products leave me a comment below.

Enjoy the Best batch cooking!

2 comments

  1. Oh my Patty- my mouth is watering- everything looks delicious and I love how you can get so many meals out of this recipe- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly-you need to try this. This is perfect for busy moms like us who love to cook!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.