Mother's Day Joy at the Ronald McDonald House



On Saturday morning, I loaded up my car with Keep Collective bracelets and headed to the Ronald McDonald House to help spread a little Joy to the moms spending Mother's Day there. All of this Joy was made possible by a group of my girlfriends and some amazing readers of Good Better Best. When my friend Susanne and I started talking about this idea, I never thought we would sell out this quickly. We gifted all thirty three moms at both Ronald McDonald Houses in the Washington, DC area in three days! 





I have some of the Best women in my life and those ladies and the readers of this blog came through in a big way. My sister jumped in and paid for all of this beautiful gift wrapping. I honestly believe that there is nothing Better than the kindness of strangers.




When I was talking to one of the staffers, she mentioned that in all of the years that she had worked at Ronald McDonald House, no one had ever done anything like this. This was the first time someone had ever done a little surprise for the families like this. It took seconds for people to type "I am in", chose their bracelet and then provide payment. Thank you to all of those who took the time and opened your hearts to these moms you will never meet. 



On my way out, I had to stop and take a photo with the man...I know some of you don't like clowns so feel free to scroll to the end!





If you even think you might have an interest in doing something like this, don't hesitate, spread the Joy. Reach out to my friend Susanne with her Keep Collective business and talk through some ideas. You don't have to wait for Mother's Day, do it for summer, do it because school is almost out, do it to be kind. It's one of the Best projects I have ever been involved in and I think it may become an annual event.

***side note: I am trying to settle up the payments for this, so if you haven't had a chance to send me your payment feel free to send through PayPal to goodbetterbestfood@gmail.com. Thanks!

2 comments

  1. Patty- you are amazing- so inspirational- hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It was such a Good project! Hope you had the Best Mother's Day.

    Patty

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.