Friday Favorites: Family Wedding, Historical Locations, Cute Pajamas and Help in Puerto Rico




Friday is here! Back today to link up with ErikaNarci and Andrea for Friday Favorites. Here's what I am finding Joy in this week.

1) Wedding weekend with all my people:

This weekend my nephew got married in New York and we got to be with my entire side of the family. Hockey Guy was a gift bearer and loved every minute of it. My parents were with all of the grandchildren and even their great grandchild...they had such Joy.


My niece and my dad

The venue was just spectacular, from the moment you drove up to the view outside. It overlooked the Long Island Sound and it was such a beautiful night for the happy couple.



Entrance

View out back

I have been to a lot of weddings with very Good food, including my own, but this may be the Best wedding food I have every had. The cocktail hour probably had six or seven stations of everything from Italian to sushi to hot dogs to salads to corned beef. It had as much food in the cocktail hour and many dinners I have attended. The main meal was lovely but the dessert stations took the cake so to speak. An entire room filled with literally every kind of dessert you could ever want. As you left for the night, cookies and ice cream by the door...just in case you might have a little bit of room left in your belly.

It was a really Good night and so fun for us all to be together.

2) Visit to Pleasantville and Sleepy Hollow:

On Sunday, we drove about 20 minutes to where Running Daddy's grandparents used to live and where his mom grew up. It was such a Good morning for a driving tour of this sweet little town. The leaves were beginning to turn and it was so nice to just be part of this. 

We drove a little bit more and stopped briefly through the real Sleepy Hollow. With it being just a few weeks before Halloween...what could be Better than Sleepy Hollow?


Headless Horseman Sculpture

3) Minnie Mouse Pajamas:


Running Daddy always tells Hockey Guy that I am very Minnie Mouse like, it's a complement. So when I was in Target last week, I had to pick up these super cute Minnie pajamas. She is even dancing on the shorts. These are the perfect weight for this time of the year when they nights swing from warm to cool. These pajamas bring me a lot of Joy.


Rockin the Dots with Minnie
***Even though I work in Government Affairs for Target, all opinions are my own

4) Chef Jose Andres--1 million meals in Puerto Rico


I mentioned in this post last month how celebrity chef Jose Andres was down in Puerto Rico cooking and serving meals to those impacted by Hurricane Maria. Updated stories this week told of how Chef Andres has served more than 1 million hot meals so far in Puerto Rico. His service has surpassed that of the American Red Cross. Chef Andres and his colleagues are basically serving 25,000 hot meals per day. You know the Best part, all meals come with fresh fruit, no chips or candy. This is Joy, this is love, this is God's work on earth. Want to learn more about Chef Andres work? Visit his charity website World Central Kitchen.

This is a busy but Good weekend in the Good Better Best household. What do you have planned?

5 comments

  1. How cool to go to Sleepy Hollow!! I love those pajamas--I need for our next Disney trip. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to Sleepy Hollow for a wedding once but did not get to explore much- I would love to go back- I hear they have an amazing parade at Halloween time! The wedding sounded wonderful- have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous wedding venue!!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am completely lost in the beauty with this wedding spot. Thanks my friend for sharing these stunning pictures here. We also are getting married soon and would like to have such beautiful ceremony but not able to find suitable San Francisco event venues. Hoping to find a good spot soon.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.