Friday Favorites May 12-Corkcicles, Track Meets, Cute Skirts, Buffalo Dip, Mother's Day and Birthday


Today I am linking up with ErikaNarci , AndreaAmandaBright on a BudgetDella DevotedCup of Tea and By BMG for Friday favorites and sharing with you the things that I am finding Joy in this week.

1) Loft Eyelet Skirt:

I needed some spring skirts and picked up this beautiful eyelet skirt recently. It's a cheery watermelon color and I got many complements on it when I wore it this week. Best news, it's 30% off right now.



I paired the skirt with a black tee shirt similar to this one and my Sam Edelman shoes that are similar to this pair that are on sale. I really love this outfit and think it will be one of my go to's this summer.

Can we talk about the photo above? You know what I am not Good at? The mirror selfie. Do I smile? Look at the mirror? Where do I hold the darn phone? I am very new to the mirror selfie world so if you have any ideas on how to make these look Better, please leave me a note in the comments with some tips and help a gal out. 

2) Corksicle Canteen:


Dancing Granny got me the Corkcicle Canteen for my birthday this year. It keeps liquids hot for 12 hours and cold for 24 hours. The hot feature really came in handy this weekend during the track meet. I brewed up some coffee before I left the house as I knew Running Daddy and I might want some coffee during the meet. The fact that the weather was more like March than May, made that hot coffee really a Good treat. The turquoise color couldn't be cuter. 

3) Tastefully Simple Buffalo Cheese Ball:


Image result for tastefully simple buffalo chicken dip
I was going to a party and needed to bring something easy but Good last Saturday and time was a little pressed. In my mind when I was in the grocery store I thought I had the Tastefully Simple Jalapeno and Corn dip at home...but when I went to make it, I didn't. Turns out what I had was the Buffalo Chicken Dip mix.

Here's what I love about Tastefully Simple, you can make just about anything with their dip mix and a block of cream cheese. Right on the package was a recipe for a Buffalo Chicken cheese ball. Literally all you do is mix the dip with softened cream cheese, chill and you have an instant appetizer. Let me take that back, you have an instant appetizer that is the hit of the party.

Now that I have raved about this dip, I need to break it to you that I think it is a seasonal item because it is not on their website. They do have a Smoky Barbecue Cheese Ball mix that looks Good. I think I will keep that on hand for nights at the pool this summer.

4) Spring Track Meet:

Running Daddy and Hockey Guy are both involved in the track program at school. Running Daddy as a coach and Hockey Guy as a runner. Twice a year we have these very long, but very fun track meets and the spring one was last Sunday.

I love to watch both of them at the meet. It's fun to see the group of coaches, who are the Best dads, laugh with each other on the field. It brings Joy to my heart to see Running Daddy talk to a kid that is really nervous about an event like the 800 or mile, tell them that they will be fine, they can do it, and then watch them actually finish the race strong. Running is hard people! Seeing Hockey Guy celebrate not only his own wins but crazily cheer on his buddies on the side of the field is the Best


That's Hockey Guy in the blue shirt running anchor in the boys relay race. Their team typically wins this event as they did this year and it is mostly the same team year after year.



Hockey Guy...too fast...too furious, pure Joy.

5) Happy Mother's Day/Happy Birthday:

Just want to wish a Happy Mother's Day to my mom, my mother in law and all of the Moms in my life. Great big squeeze hugs to all the moms who stop by Good Better Best and gentle squeeze hugs to those that are walking through their journey to becoming a mom. I know this day isn't easy for a lot of people.

This weekend is also Running Daddy's birthday and we are going to celebrate him Good. He is sweet enough to spend his birthday at the rain make up track meet but we are going to sneak out to dinner on Saturday night. He really is the Best guy! I mean who else would let me take a photo of his butt for a blog post?

These are my favorites this week. Let me know your Mother's Day plans in the comments below.  Oh, and I need those mirror selfie tips too!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.