Workin' It: Spring Cleaning During a Home Remodel




Today I am linking up with Shay & Erika for their Workin' It series. This month the topic is Spring Cleaning Tips. I mentioned in in last month's link up that due to working full time and my health issues I do typically have help in the cleaning department. Since we are smack dab in the middle of our home remodel,I have not had our cleaning team come, because who can clean a construction zone? 

 Therefore, my spring cleaning tips are basically how not to be gross during the dust, boxes and boys (big, little, and four-footed) that come with a home renovation.

1) Swiffer Products: I mean when you do a home renovation, you know in your head there will be dust, but there's dust everywhere, every day.  There's dust where I just dusted an hour ago, well maybe not really, but sometimes it feels that way.  Why is there dust in the bedroom when they are working in the basement?  Why is there dust in the porch when they are working on the master bath?  It's just all part of the process and all I can say is thank heavens for Swiffer products.

I have bought the Swiffer Dusters, the basic Swiffer and the Swiffer Wet Jet.  The dusters I just keep handy, ready to go at a moments notice when I see that pesky dust that just pops up.  The basic Swiffer has been great to handle the dust on the floors, dog crate and just general gunk that shows up on the floors.  We mostly have wood floors in our house so it doesn't take very long to run the Swiffer over the floors.  I am going to bust out the Swiffer Wet Jet this weekend and make the floors less of a biohazard area, wish me luck.

2) Method products: I am a big fan of Method products both for personal care and cleaning.  They are plant based and I have added in additional products from this company to help combat the yuck during the renovation.  While, I have always been a fan of their kitchen cleaning with the lime and sea salt being a favorite for spring and summer, this winter I chose the pomegranate. Lately, I am loving all things lavender and switched to the Method lavender counter cleaner and hand soap.  With all three of us at one point sharing a shower, I chose the Method shower daily shower with eucalyptus and mint. I am trying so hard to keep our house from being down right disgusting and since this smells so nice,  I can actually get the boys to use it too.  I do believe that it helps keep things clean.

3) Lysol Wipes- I use Lysol wipes a lot.  While we were all sharing a bathroom, I left them out as a hint.  Well, I did have to spell out that wipes were there to be used...on a regular basis by more than just me.  Once I spelled that out, it was lot cleaner on a regular basis. Victory!

So this is how I am trying to keep our house clean this spring during our home remodel. I cannot wait until the team can come in and help with a deep clean.

What are your best cleaning tips?  Especially on a regular basis?  Share them below.

Enjoy the Best Spring!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.