Ladies Who Link: March--Go-to Crock Pot Recipe



I am linking up with A Gal Named Al and Mom's Coffee Date for their monthly link up. For March we are posting our go-to crock pot recipes.  This is an interesting one for me as I am not much of a crock potter, but I do have at least one really Good crock pot recipe that I have listed below.  I am very picky about the recipes that I create for Good Better Best Food, unless it's the Best...I don't post it.  

I am looking forward to reading many of the fellow linked blogs this month for some recipes and tricks. I use my crock pot for soups and chili, but I find that when I try other things in it, the meat either comes out very dry or wet and tasteless. I know it's totally me.

My go to crock pot recipe is one for crock pot apple sauce and you can read the full post here.  As this is a total fall recipe you might want to file it away for a few months, but with the weather the way it has been in the North East lately, this would be the perfect comfort food to greet you as come in from to cold.  As it is still flu season, this is also a Good warm treat when you are not feeling well.



This is also totally Sweet Boy approved.

Crock Pot Apple Sauce

8 apples-feel free to use a mixture as we did but I would avoid Red Delicious as they will be too sweet and not cook down well
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon 
5 tsp brown sugar

-Peel and core the apples and put into a crock pot.
-Add lemon juice, cinnamon and brown sugar.
-Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.

The apples will cook down and become tender.  We like our apple sauce slightly chunky so as this gets to the end of the cooking process just break down the apples with a wooden spoon.  If you wanted smoother apple sauce you could also use an immersion blender when finished cooking.

You can serve this hot, warm or cold.

Be sure to check out the other blogs linked on this fun topic.  Check back next month for this link up when we talk about our Favorite Target Finds.

Enjoy the Best food!

2 comments

  1. Thanks for linking up! My kids love applesauce, and we've never made our own, so we will put this on our list to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super easy and this never lasts long in our house.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.