Ladies Who Link: February--What's in My Make Up Drawer



























I am linking up with A Gal Named Al and Mom's Coffee Date for their monthly link up. This is the first time I have done something like this but we are talking about what's in our make-up drawers.

We are going through a pretty big home renovation around here (more on that coming soon) and about a month ago I had to clean out our master bathroom to start the gutting with one days notice. Well one thing I learned in that clean out, I own a lot of beauty products, to the point that I should not have an open pore or a line on my face.  But in this process I did get rid of a lot of samples and I am hoping with our remodeled bathroom on the way I will have way less product to hoard.

Here is what I am currently using on a regular basis:

1) Cleansers:

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser in the winter and Kiehl's Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash in the summer.  The Sweet Boy and Running Daddy bought me a Kiehl's basket last Valentine's day and I have been hooked ever since.

At night I also use a cleansing oil before I wash my face.  As a person who has always had oily skin I never thought I would be washing my face with oil.  These cleansing oils really help remove makeup and improve skin texture.  Currently I am using Neutrogena Ultra Light Cleansing Oil and it is nice product at a good price point.

I also always use my Clarisonic every morning in the shower.

2) Moisturizers/Treatments:

Loving more Kiehls products twice a day.  Ultra Facial Moisturizer with SPF 30 in the morning and Ultra Facial Cream most nights.

Twice a week I use Mario Badescu Glycolic Gel to help control acne and fine lines.  I have been using it for years.

3) Prep/Foundation/Correct:

Prep-I have been using Prescriptives Foundation Primer for decades.

Foundation-Most foundation makes me break out.  I have no idea why and I am talking cystic acne types of breakouts.  For about 20 years I have worn Prescriptives foundation but it can be hard to come by because about 5 years or so ago they stopped selling in the stores and went online only.  Many of their products get back ordered.  When I had trouble trying to order their foundation for about a month, I nervously went into Blue Mercury just after Christmas and asked their advice.  The woman who helped me told me that if my skin was that sensitive, then I should try their Lune + Aster BB Cream.  It's awesome!.  No breakouts and makes my skin look amazing.

4) Color: I tend to keep things in the brown/pink family and like a more natural look.

Blush-I only use Bobbi Brown Desert Pink.

Eyes- Base color always is Bobbi Brown Bone.  I have trouble getting eye shadow to stay on even with primer.  This summer I discovered Bobbi Brown Long wearing cream shadow sticks.  They have great staying power and I currently own Taupe and Malted Pink and just ordered Stone.  I also have trouble with mascaras making my eyes itch or at the worst they give me a bad case of pink eye.  I had been using Clinique for a while which doesn't bother my eyes.  Recently I switched to Almay's One Coat Mascara and think it works awesome without making my eyes swell up like golf balls for a lot less.

Lips-I am totally a lipstick girl.  I own way too many but here are some of my favorites.  I have a tendency to stay either in the brownish pink or dark red family depending on season, outfit or occasion.  In addition, because of my health problems my lips are very dry, so I need a lipstick that is very moisturizing.

Bobbi Brown Desert Rose
Bobbi Brown Raisin Berry
Clinique Black Honey
MAC Twig

5) Fragrance-Right now I am only wearing Chanel in two very different versions.

Chanel Chance Eau Vive is pretty much what I wear every day. Totally me with a clean, citrus fragrance.  It is one of the few perfumes I have never tired of and I will probably wear it for a very long time.

Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere is my choice when I want something a little more dressy.

So here are my Best products in my make up drawer.  What are you favorites?







2 comments

  1. Thanks for joining our linkup! I have always been curious about a cleansing oil, I might have to give it a shot! And I am also a fan of Bobbi Brown's Desert Rose! Hope to see you again next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting! Try the cleansing oil out, I never thought I would be using oil on my skin. The Neutrogena one is a nice product at a good price point. I am looking forward to linking up again. This was fun!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.