2016-Spreading Joy

It’s been a long time since I have written and that is not bringing me joy.  I think about writing all the time.  I am still cooking, still trying to live healthy, working hard and going my Best to live well with Lupus.  I know my writing brings me joy and when I hear from people that this blog helped them or that they love reading it, it brings me joy.  Unfortunately, in 2015 I didn’t take enough time to write even short blogs that would bring joy to myself and others.  So in 2016, I am going to try and change all that.
                
Good Better Best is all about trying to live the Best, healthiest life.  Doing the Best you can, in that moment, on that day.  Some days Good is all you can do, and that’s just fine.  In 2015, we had turkey burgers and dogs way too many nights, but at times, it was the Best I could do.
                
When I started to think about goals for 2016, I wanted it to be some really transformational.  Not just the spend less (yup need to do that), lose weight (almost at where I want to be), I wanted it to be something that could really change someone’s day, including my own.  At some point this fall, I was in the elevator at my day job and a woman got in that I had seen many times before.  She always looks great but this day she looked particularly nice.  So I said to her “your outfit is super cute today” and her face lit up.  On the next floor, her co-worker got on and complemented her same outfit.  I looked at the second woman and said “I just told her the same thing!”  There was so much pure joy in that elevator.  When I got off, I was glad I did that and realized that I probably had just made that lady’s day.  I decided that I would try to do something like that, some pure act of kindness every day if I could.  Spreading joy.
               
I realized that there is a similar segment on the Bobby Bones radio show http://www.bobbybones.com/main.html that I listen to on the way to work in the morning.  It’s called Pimpin Joy. http://pimpinjoy.com/index.html and it is exactly what I am talking about.  There is even a familiar elevator story on the web page and health challenges that are not exactly the same, but very close to the outlook I have living with a chronic, invisible illness. 
                
So in 2016, as I plan to be spreading (pimpin) joy, I need to also make sure I am focusing more on my own joy.  This year I didn’t write enough and I need to change that.  I also need to focus on taking more cooking classes.  Running Daddy is so supportive of my love of cooking and always gets me Sur la Table cooking classes for Christmas.    http://www.surlatable.com/  Last year I didn’t find the time to go to a class (or make time) so this year I am going to make sure that I go to at least two classes.  Spreading joy….to others and myself.
               
So you know that I will be spreading (pimpin) joy this year, leave me your goals for 2016 in the comment section.  You are more likely to keep your resolutions if you make them public. 

                
Let’s make 2016 the Best year yet!  

No comments

Powered by Blogger.