What's Up Wednesday-June 2022


Here we are Besties at the end of June. Can you believe it? This has been a pretty eventful month and I am here to linking up with Shay and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday. Let's jump in and talk all things June!


What We're Eating This Week 


This week will be a little busy, especially at night. So I only sketched out our dinner plan, not a dinner plan put in stone. Here is what I am thinking about, but it could also all go out the window at any moment.

Monday-pork tenderloin, quinoa, chopped salad

Tuesday-sausage, polenta, chopped salad

Wednesday-maybe tacos

Thursday-not sure yet

Friday-take out at the pool


What I'm Reminiscing About


This weekend I got word that one of my childhood friends passed away from cancer. I have been reminiscing about her a lot. We met in sixth grade and I instantly liked her. She remained one of the nicest people I have ever known. I truly mean this when I say it, the world needs more people like her, not less.


I remember that I was invited to her bat mitzvah and my mom and I shopping for a gift for her. I can still remember what I bought her, and that her mom allowed her to open her gift with me at her house at a small party after the ceremony and reception. I remember a friend of ours telling us that it was an honor to be invited to the small party after the ceremony and reception. 


Whatever friend group we were hanging out with, we always had classes together and I always liked being around her. With the magic of Facebook, I saw her beautiful family and she still radiated that kindness that she had when we met when we were in middle school. I am sad for her family and I am sad that her bright, bright light was cut short in this life. (ok, deep breath now)


What I'm Loving


I am truly loving summer weekends. We are so busy ten plus months of the year with hockey and I wouldn't have it any other way. That being said, I am loving having mellow summer weekends to get up early, drink coffee, pray and mediate outside and then make a batch of muffins or something. It feels so Good to not have to really be anywhere on the weekends. 


What We've Been Up To


Hockey Guy finished up school and exams in early June. He also started work at our local hardware store.


I have had some major work projects that have been taking up a lot of time and energy this month. I am pretty busy between now with the election but doing my darndest to not get too overwhelmed.


Running Daddy and I celebrated our 17th anniversary and snuck out for an anniversary dinner. We had a beautiful dinner with a view.




We have all also been working really hard on our yard and it is really getting to the point where it is looking so Good. We have ripped out so much of our landscaping over the past few years and basically started over. It's so much work, but so worth it.











Running Daddy and I saw our first movie in an actual movie theater in two and a half years. I literally forgot how to go to the movies. The whole pick a seat, get the app on your phone, show the guy your QR code...it was not like riding a bike at all.


Sunday we saw Elvis. It was amazing. There is so much backstory to things you thought you knew, and you just didn't. Austin Butler, who plays Elvis, went from a few Hannah Montana episodes to probably being nominated for an Oscar. There are a million ways to play Elvis incorrectly. It is a role that is so easy to be overacted, campy or a caricature. There is only one way to play this role right, and that is what Austin Butler did. 


It was so Good to be back in an actual movie theater. I finally felt comfortable to go to a movie theater because last week I got my fourth COVID vaccine. I also got a shingles vaccine too a few night later.



What I'm Dreading

Now that most of the weeding of our flower beds is almost complete, I don't think I am dreading anything.



What I'm Working On


I am working on work and enjoying my weekends. I am also trying to spend some more time on this site as that brings me Joy.


What I'm Excited About


I am excited about Hockey Guy's job. He went and got this job all on his own. He is working hard and making Good money.


I am also excited about the summer getting into full swing and the 4th of July at our pool next week.


What I'm Watching/Reading

 

I am hoping to settle into this coming weekend with a few copies of Southern Living, Better Homes & Gardens and a Good book.




I am all in for Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip. Ultimate Girls Trip feels like an old friend and it is hysterical. I am glad to be back at Blue Stone Manor and to be hanging with my girl Dorinda.


Running Daddy and I are watching Southern Charm Season 8 and are surprised at how much we are enjoying it. We thought we might give up on it, but we were into the season premiere. All three of us are watching Southern Charm Seasons 1-8 on Peacock. Hockey Guy's take on this is totally hilarious. He totally gets my love of Patricia and Michael.




Not to get political, but I am also glued to the January 6th hearings. I have lots of thoughts on this but I will not share here. I have heard that the American people are tuning in to the proceedings. Watching as much live and unfiltered I think is a Good thing. 


What I'm Listening to


While I am mostly listening to my usual podcasts, I have been enjoying Hockey Guy's playlists while he drives me around too.


What I'm Wearing


I did add a few things to my wardrobe this month that I think you are going to like.


I finally pulled the trigger and bought a pair of shoes from the Charleston Shoe Company. They are cute and super comfortable. I have worn them with both skirts and pants and I think they will be a staple this summer.




I would definitely size up. I am a size 8.5 in shoes and bought the size 9. Some people also say that they run narrow but I have pretty narrow feet to begin with.


If you want to try a pair of shoes from the Charleston Shoe Company, you can save 20% with my code. Just use this code here and check out all of the cute shoes.  


I also did a little shopping at J Crew Factory. I felt like I needed another pair of casual pants and a cute pair of shorts.


These linen blend pants have a drawstring waist and I feel like I can dress them up or down. For size purposes, I took the size 6.





I wore mine this week with a white long sleeve tee, a fun lobster scarf and then the shoes above.

 


I have not worn these shorts yet, but this weekend I am sure I will have plenty of opportunities. I bought the size 6 and they fit perfectly.




What I'm Doing This Weekend


It may rain a bit so I think we may finally see Maverick. Yes, we are the only family on the planet that has not seen this movie. I also have some cleaning and organizing to do this weekend and if it rains, it just makes all of that easier. I also am in desperate need of a pedicure, so that needs to happen this weekend too.


Monday is the 4th of July and we are headed to the celebration at the pool. It should be very fun.


What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month


We have an out of town hockey tournament in July and I am looking forward to seeing Hockey Guy on the ice and being with some of our hockey friends.


This may sound odd but I am looking forward to going back on my Lupus meds. I have to go off of them for two weeks before a COVID vaccination and two weeks after. Besties, it is not easy to be off my meds. 


What Else is New


I think that I have covered everything but I did want to give you all a reminder that tomorrow is Monthly Musings, the link-up that I host on the last Thursday of the month with Holly. For this month our topic is summer travel. We hope you will join us as a writer, reader or both.


If you are going to write with us, grab our graphic with the themed  questions,  link back to both of us and tell us all about your summer travel.




Thanks for joining me today for What's Up Wednesday. I will see you back here tomorrow.






3 comments

  1. yes to being able to relax a bit in the summer- so needed! I LOVE that lobster scarf- oh my and think I need to get those shorts too- so pretty! Thanks for being the best blogging partner!! XO

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.