Hello Monday--Big Birthday Safe at Home Edition


Hello Monday and Hello Week 3 of Quarantine

Happy Monday Besties. This weekend I had a big birthday, like a really big birthday. I knew that things would be a little different because we are under "stay at home" orders in our state until June 10. I was totally Good with this and just wanted to enjoy the day.

I am linking up with Heather, Lindsay, Tanya, and Johannah to embrace Monday and a new week and share a little bit about my weekend.

I got up and had coffee with Running Daddy and did a little Million Dollar Listing with Hockey Guy. The boys bought me flowers and I was really enjoying the beautiful weather and loving the day.  My sweet friend dropped a bottle of prosecco on my door step in the late morning. 


Around 2:30 p.m. Running Daddy kept talking to me about house projects and I really didn't know why. He suggested that I have a cup of coffee and relax.

Around 3pm I heard a lot of honking and saw a bunch of cars coming down our street. I recognized one of the cars, and then I realized I recognized all of the cars. My friends put together a birthday parade for me. It was about 15 cars lining our street. They pulled up in front of the house and got out keeping socially distant guidelines and sang happy birthday to me.





It was amazing and probably the thing that got me the most, was how many kids were there. So many of the 8th grade girls got out of their mom's cars and then sidewalk chalked almost our entire street. Here's a tip for you, if you want big time chalk art done, call in 14 year old girls.

It was so Good to see so many of my favorite kids and our friends that I have not seen in over a month. Seriously, the kids really got me.




It was so hard to not hug everyone, but everyone kept it special and kept it safe. Running Daddy was support staff on this for Nurse K who masterminded the whole thing. Running Daddy had gift bags for everyone with small bottles of champagne to enjoy later when they got home.

It was one of the Best things that every happened to me. The amount of Joy I felt standing on my front lawn looking at so many of my friends and their kids was truly overwhelming.

Saturday night we decided to get take out again from a local sports pub that is owned by a family at our school. I decided I wanted to get dressed for dinner. Even though we were just doing take out and I was eating a home, I didn't want to let the pandemic keep me from a cute birthday outfit.


I popped on my new Stella & Dot blush pullover and paired with my new Stella & Dot camo scarf over white jeans. It was fun to get dressed even just for me. The pullover and scarf can be found through my link here.

I ended the night with a funfetti gluten free cake and the new Hallmark movie You're Bacon Me Crazy.

You're Bacon Me Crazy! (TV Movie 2020) - IMDb

This was a super cute movie and Hockey Guy was actually really into it. It was the Best way to wind down the day.

I know people will think this will be odd when I say it, but even with the pandemic, it was maybe the Best birthday I have ever had. I know a lot of people go on trips or have parties for big birthdays, but to be able to spend time with Hockey Guy and Running Daddy and then see my friends from a distance that I love so much, with their kids, was really the Best

Hope everyone is doing well. I will see you back here this week for more posts. 

8 comments

  1. Happy Birthday Sweet Friend-sending your virtual hugs- the day sounded perfect-loved seeing the pics on FB! You deserve the best! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Thank you for sharing the joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thank you for stopping by to read and comment.

      Delete
  3. Happy 50th birthday!! I'm so glad your friends still managed to make it special despite the circumstances. Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, it was one of the Best birthdays I have ever had. Who would have thought that considering we are living during these times. Thank you for the well wishes Tanya.

      Delete
  4. Aw, that is so sweet! I am so glad you had such a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes and for stopping by. Have the Best week!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.