Get Dressed Challenge--Week Two



Hey Besties! I hope everyone is doing well and safe at home. I have week two of my Get Dressed Challenge and I even have two of my girlfriends who are going to join me to show you their stay at home style.

Before I get to this week's Get Dressed Challenge, I want to talk a little bit about the challenge. First and foremost, this is a no pressure zone.  The point of this challenge, is for people to feel Good about themselves. I know that a lot of people are feeling anxious during these times and I am one of them. I have found that when I started to go back to a little bit of my morning routine of picking out an outfit and getting dressed, including a little light make up, I felt Better. One of my friends told me last week, she was in this same boat, feeling anxious after watching the news, and when she did the Get Dressed Challenge she said it really helped. 


If you want to join us in the Get Dressed Challenge, I think that is awesome. If you are totally cool in your yoga pants and a hoodie, I am Good with that too. Good Better Best is always a place of Joy and I just want to provide people with some ideas to feel Better during this time. 

Ok, let's get to the fashion this week. In most cases, what I am wearing are things that I have had in my closet for a while, but I have also provided info on items that you can still purchase now.

Sail to Sable Fleece


This navy and turquoise with jeans outfit that I did last week is a perfect example of the Get Dressed Challenge. On a chillier day, just pick out a fleece you love, or maybe even your kid's school colors and use that as the Get Dressed Challenge. You can keep it casual and still get dressed.


This day, I paired a cozy cardigan from Barefoot Dreams with a dot tee and jeans. 



I am living in cargo pants lately and topped it with this super cute Shep Shirt from Vineyard Vines that Running Daddy gave me for my birthday last year.

Speaking of birthdays, I had a really big birthday on Saturday. Even though we were only getting take out from a local sports pub owned by some school friends, I decided to get dressed for dinner.

White Jeans

I wore my new blush puff sleeve pullover and camo scarf with white jeans for my take out dinner on Saturday night. I know that I was only riding in the car and eating dinner at home, but I really wanted to feel like I was having a true birthday dinner. This is exactly the outfit I would have worn had the world been back to normal and we were going out to eat.

The blush puff sleeve pullover and the camo scarf are from Stella & Dot and you can purchase them here. The white jeans I had in my closest and they are on repeat this time of year. Rothy's are always my go to flats and I chose the flax birdseye for this outfit.



For my work from home week I added the same Stella & Dot camo scarf with a classic black sweater and olive cargo pants. I felt really Good in this outfit. It was totally effortless and pure comfort. I can tell that this is going to be a go to casual outfit for me for spring and early fall. 




It was supposed to rain on and off, so I wanted to wear something really fun. I grabbed a dark grey pair of cargo pants and this Lilly Pulitzer skipper shirt with flamingos that I love. It just gave me a lift.

Speaking of a lift, I was filled with Joy when two of my friends shared their own Get Dressed Challenge photos with me. They were sweet enough to let me share their photos here. How beautiful are they?

Shannon 

Shannon is video conference call chic here.



Shannon is ready for happy hour after making it happen all day.




My gal Shannon is ready to take on the day.


HJ



HJ is all set and ready to make things happen in turquoise and a layered necklace. I love that she added flowers to her work space. 

Both ladies, and some others that I heard from privately, told me they felt Better when they got dressed. 

I am finding this fun and I am going to try to keep this going as long as we are under stay at home orders. I am happy to add in other ladies that want to share their Get Dressed Challenge outfits reach out to me at Goodbetterbestfood@gmail.com and I will feature you next week.

If you blogged about fashion this week, please feel free to link up below.

See you back here on Friday for Friday Favorites. 






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

11 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Holly. As a Lilly girl, you know the days that you just need to put on your Lilly.

      Delete
  2. Loved your birthday outfit and all this beautiful color! I feel so much better when I get dressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days you just need to make sure you get dressed! And color always helps.

      Delete
  3. I didn't know that Stella and Dot had clothing and scarves! Love your birthday outfit! So pretty!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stella & Dot has really branched out and they have some totally cute things right now. You can check it all out on the link in my post.

      Thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment.

      Delete
  4. Oh yes, you are speaking my language! It feels so good to get back to our routines and get dressed! I love that you dressed for your birthday and I LOVE that Lily Pulitzer flamingo top! Thanks for linking up with the Style Six!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that I got dressed for my birthday too. I think I am going to do it for Easter dinner as well. Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Getting dressed makes a huge difference for me. I do not feel productive when I'm not dressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am way more productive and just feel Better when I am dressed. Appreciate you taking the time to read and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes. I need to get dressed AND put on a bra or I'll only want to snuggle up under blankets on the couch. lol Loving your looks.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.