Friday Favorites:Outfit Challenge, Cute Shorts, Wimbledon, Hallmark Channel, and Joy


Today I am linking up with ErikaNarci , Andrea and Amanda for Friday favorites and sharing with you the things that I am finding Joy in this week.

1) Day to Night Outfit Challenge with AUrate New York:


This week I was part of AUrate New York's Day to Night Outfit challenge and put together a favorite outfit highlighting their beautiful gold jewelry. Check my fashion and jewelry picks here and find out why Marie Claire called AUrate "the Warby Parker of fine jewelry." Oh and the dress I chose for this challenge is on sale right now through this link.



Rose Gold Bar NecklaceX Earring Rose GoldX Cuff





2) Good Summer Outfit:

I am loving these cherry shorts I picked up on our vacation at the Loft outlet. If you have been reading my blog this year, you know I have a thing for Loft this season...with Good reason. I paired the cherry shorts this past weekend for a family party with a simple black t-shirt, and cute sandals.  A snap of the look is below and this would also work well with a long sleeve tee if the temperatures drop.


3) Wimbledon Women's Finals:

I am a Venus Williams fan...period. Frankly, I am a big fan of both Venus and Serena, but have had a real soft spot for Venus over the past few years as she also has one of the autoimmune conditions that I have called Sjogren's. She has really put a Good face on this disease that most people have not heard of let alone be able to pronounce. It is amazing to me that she can even play at the level she is at because I literally know what she is going through on a daily basis. She has changed so many elements of her lifestyle to help fight this disease and prove that she is still the Best. Our entire household cannot wait to watch her play on Sunday morning. To find out more about Sjogren's disease and Venus Williams' battle click here.

4) Hallmark Channel Christmas Keepsake Week:

Have I ever talked about my extreme love for the Hallmark Channel? I love the Hallmark Channel for many reasons. I love these movies because most of the female characters are strong role models (aka Girl Boss) and make Good choices. I love these movies because they provide Good examples of how men should treat women they like and if they don't, the female characters give them the boot. I love that I can watch these with Hockey Guy and not worry about the content...he actually really likes a lot of these movies too. Mostly, I love the Hallmark Channel because when my lupus is at it's worst, it gives me Joy to go in and lie down and watch these sweet movies. These movies help make a hard day Better

I think the Hallmark Christmas movies are the Best and the Christmas Keepsake Week starts tonight. I cannot wait! Hockey Guy and I think The Mistletoe Promise was the Best one from 2016, and we will be catching it at least once this week. Yes, I know it is July. Yes, I know it is 95 degrees this week...I don't care...bring on the Christmas movies. If you need the schedule it's right here.

5) Jamie Ivey with Lisa Harper:

I know I have mentioned several times that I enjoy listening to the Jamie Ivey podcast called The Happy Hour. Recently, she had on minister and author Lisa Harper who lives in Nashville. Lisa is funny, whip smart and can really talk about Jesus and his true love for us in a profound way. 

Lisa talked about her new book, The Sacrament of Happy, and went from being totally hysterical to going in deep. Here are a few Good things I took from listening to Jamie and Lisa this week.

Lisa talked about JOY (Jesus, Others, You), which I loved. She said she learned this in vacation bible school when she was little but I had never heard it. Some days this summer I wished I was at vacation bible school and anyone that has a focus on Joy is Good in my book.

Lisa also told a story about an hour in that Jamie said made her want to punch someone. This story totally hit me in the heart. It was about a dress that a guy Lisa was dating gave her that was two sizes too small and the story around it was so much like me in my 20's. Not about the dress size, but about too many people that I used to surround myself with for too long. It hit my heart so hard, I almost started crying in the car. 

Lisa reminded us that for Jesus, we are always enough, always his Joy and that the right person will also always think we are enough and just not someone to be tolerated. I certainly know that now about Jesus and since the day I met him, I have always been enough for Running Daddy. 

Check this podcast out here. It's so Good, I might even listen to it again.


So this is my Joy for this week. I meant this to be a quick post, but ended up having a lot of Good stuff to share with you.

4 comments

  1. I love those cherry shorts. They're so cute. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my friend and I were shopping she told me I had to buy them and I am so glad I did. They are so fun. If you have a Loft outlet near you they are really on sale right now.

      Happy weekend to you!Thank for reading Good Better Best and taking the time to comment.

      Patty

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Kay. When I started working on the AUrate post and looking at dresses, I just kept coming back to this dress. Thanks for taking the time to write in and let me know I chose the right one!

      Have a great weekend!
      Patty

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.