Friday Favorites: Better Beauty, Brownies, Halloween in July and Podcasts on a Sunday





Today I am linking up with ErikaNarci , Andrea and Amanda for Friday favorites and sharing with you the things that I am finding Joy in this week.

I am going to start with the fact that two of my Friday Favorites may actually lead you to think I have gone crazy. I have not, but this is a Good peek into my sometimes crazy personality and some of the funny people in my life.  I am going to ease you into this with things like desserts, beauty products and holiday movies first.


1) Franny's Gluten Free Brownie Bites: 


These were totally an impulse purchase when I was picking up a few things at the grocery store and I am almost sorry I did...they are that Good. They taste like...well a real brownie. Not a gluten free brownie. They are chocolaty. They are chewy on the inside and a little crunchy on the outside. There is no after taste. You can find them in the frozen section with the special allergy food.

2) Beauty Counter Calendula Lip Balm:


I have several friends who sell Beauty Counter and while I am very Good about what I put in my body (minus the above brownies), I am trying to be Better about what I put on my body. My friend had a little social last week and I picked up a few items.

I am really liking the Calendula Lip Balm. Due to one of my health concerns I basically make very little moisture in my body and my lips are especially dry. So far this one is doing the trick.  It's pricey but it might be a winner.


3) Hallmark Channel Movies:


As I mentioned last week, I am a big fan of the Hallmark Channel especially the Christmas movies. Since it is Christmas Keepsake Week, we have been catching our favorites when we can this week.  Hockey Guy and I caught a little of The Mistletoe Promise and A Heavenly Christmas with Kristin Davis and Shirley MacLaine and my heart felt the same Joy in all the same places. 

And as I mentioned last week, I know it is like a million degrees out, I know it is July, but I am still watching my Hallmark Christmas movies until they the end this weekend. When they start back up on October 27, I will be there.

4) Halloween in July/Passawicky:

This is where there is a strong potential you are going to think I am a wee bit crazy. Running Daddy grew up locally and most of his family and family friends are about 45 minutes away. In July, Running Daddy's sister, Sweet M, hosts a big party which has turned into Halloween in July. It used to be Christmas in July as our friends of Brazil are usually up, but a few years ago she thought it would be Better to have it as a Halloween party for the kids.

Sweet M goes all out for this party. There are decorations outside complete with apple bobbing, a haunted basement inside and themed food everywhere. Depending on how hot it is, I may or may not wear a costume. This year I opted out of a costume until the wedding...


Haunted Basement

File this one away for October!

Then, there was a wedding...sort of, and I was in it. My in-laws are celebrating fifty years of marriage this summer, so Sweet M decided to create a surprise funny wedding complete with aprons as dresses and tuxedo t-shirts. She did an amazing job and they were surprised and completely amused.

 This was the real wedding back in the day


Wedding party 207

There is also a tradition of passing back and forth the world's ugliest candles for engagements and anniversaries called Passawicky. It really deserves it's own blog post at one point but the photo of the bride and groom with candles is below.

Passawicky 50

It was a really Good day, I just hope you don't think I am off my rocker.

5) Bitch Sesh Podcast Live:

I have mentioned several times that I am a loyal listener of the podcast Bitch Sesh with Casey Wilson and Danielle Schneider. On Sunday, my friend and I went to see their live podcast and it was the Best. I made t-shirts and thankfully the glitter glue dried just in time for the show. I laughed hard, I cheered and it was all at three in the afternoon. I really needed a Good afternoon like this.

If you love Bravo and don't mind a little salty language, these ladies are for you. The are so talented and so funny, even Running Daddy is a fan.  

Image result for bitch sesh andy cohen

So hopefully you don't think I have lost mind too much. I really did try to ease into the weekend madness in this post.

Have the Best weekend!

1 comment

Powered by Blogger.