What's Up Wednesday: June 2017

Linking with MelShaeffer, and Shay to share What's Up Wednesday! Here's what's up in June.

What We're Eating This Week:

This is a busy week with Running Daddy at his marathon training, a lupus treatment, a meeting for our fall 5K race that we help chair for Hockey Guy's school and oh yeah...getting ready for vacation. Our dinners are going to be easy and I am also working on using things up in the fridge before we head out.


Monday-Turkey burgers and dogs.
Tuesday-Hockey Guy and I had some take out from Noodles & Co. to celebrate a belated end of school year dinner. He was really sick the last week of school so we had to wait a bit for our fun dinner.
Wednesday-Not sure, it will really depend on how I am feeling after my treatment. 
Thursday-Quick round of tacos before our meeting.
Friday-As always...pizza.

What I am Reminiscing About:

With all of the graduation photos of all my friends bigs and littles hitting social media this month, I am reminiscing about Hockey Guy entering real school a few years ago. He was just so little and darn cute (still is). Now he is headed to the upper school and I cannot believe he is one of the big kids now.

What I am Loving:

I am truly loving the results of our home renovation. Things are turning out even Better than we could have imagined. Sometimes Running Daddy and I walk around in the new spaces and think "this is our house!" I am so glad we finally took the leap to make our house the home we always dreampt of. While we don't have the biggest house out there, I truly believe it now reflects who we are.

What We've Been Up to:

This month we finished up school and lacrosse season. Now it's on to full time summer with summer fun and summer camps. 

Running Daddy and I also celebrated our 12th anniversary earlier this month. We celebrated with a dinner out and I had the two most handsome dates in town.


Then


Now

This past weekend we also had the opportunity to see The Sound of Music at the Kennedy Center with an amazing brunch beforehand. The show was just the Best, it was almost like seeing it for the first time. It's been a long time since I have seen the audience react like that to a production...we don't give standing ovations around here very easily. We are a tough crowd.

What I am Dreading

Still dreading unpacking everything from the renovation and finding a new place for things. I am also dreading the dirt and dust we are going to find. All this will take time and I cannot wait to see everything back in it's place and enjoy our new spaces. The whole house is going to look so much Better when this renovation is finally finished. 

What I am Working On

Well, still working on the renovation and getting ready to figure out what will go where, what we need to donate and what we need to buy to furnish the basement. We have three real rooms down there now and I cannot wait to get to the finishing touches. 

I am also working on firming up our August plans. I need to figure out a few more plans for Hockey Guy, some appointments for physicals, maybe a little travel and then also save some time for renovation projects and back to school. August always give me anxiety...in July.

What I am Excited About

I am excited about our beach trip. It will be great to get away and have some family time.

I am also excited about the 4th of July. I love our old fashioned parade, fun dinner and fireworks.

What I am Watching/Reading

I am still loving World of Dance. I wrote about it a couple of Fridays ago here. Hockey Guy and I typically get caught up on the weekend and we continue to be floored by the level of talent on this show. It truly is one of the Best shows I have ever watched.

Southern Charm is winding down and I have mixed emotions about this season. While a lot of this season was very juicy and there was a lot of drama off camera, I am not sure I always felt Good about what I was watching and yet I still do. 

I am also going to try to get caught up on my reading while we are away. I need to finish Leah Remini's book, start the Andy Cohen Diaries and my sweet friend sent me a copy of The Five Love Languages which I would also love to get through. I also think I will be working through my stack of Better Homes and Gardens for inspiration on the basement finishing touches. I think I have a Good reading foundation this month.

What I am Listening to

I have been a little stressed lately and I do find Joy in listening to Jamie Ivey's podcasts. I love her spirit and she has the Best guests. There are truly a lot of people out there creating a lot of Joy and trying to be the Best for others. 

What I am Wearing

I am getting a lot of wear out of the Loft sale items I purchased a few weeks ago. Here are the pieces that I bought that were the Best.


I am returning the denim jacket as I am not sure I can pull it off. The other skirt I also need to return. Sometimes I can wear a size 4...but this time I couldn't and I pretty much thought that going in.

I think that I have finally found flip flops that are not only not bothering my plantar fasciitis I think they may be helping it. I am really hoping my foot is starting to get Better.



I am pretty sure this outfit is going to be on repeat this summer as the weather allows, it's a Good one.


What We are Doing this Weekend

We are headed out on our vacation! The beach is calling and I know we will have the Best week.

What I am Looking Forward to Next Month

I am looking forward to our time away and the 4th of July. I am looking forward to the three of us having some family time and getting the opportunity to relax. We have all been working so hard at work, school and on the renovation that some downtime will be Good for all of us.

I am also looking forward to going to see Bitch Sesh Live later in the month as Casey and Danielle are my favorite guilty pleasure podcast.

Have I mentioned how much I love the Hallmark Channel? Especially the Christmas movies? If you are looking for me July 14-23, there is a pretty Good chance I will be curled up watching the Hallmark Christmas Keepsake Holiday Preview. Pure Joy.

What Else is New

I think I covered everything already!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.